PDA

View Full Version : Gutted!

Anonymous
04-08-01, 01:10 PM
When i returned to my car last night after being at the cinema in Aylesbury, i discovered that some little wanker or wankers had somehow by-passed my alarm, fu**ed the passenger lock, broke into my car and nicked all the stereo.. X-( apart from the parcel shelf and the door speakers and one amp which they couldnt get out :(
My insurance company are only too happy to replace it all, for an additional 20% on my premium... and i lose my no claims...
But at least the police are looking into the cctv video tapes...

I f**king hate theiving little wan**rs.

Wanted: Panasonic Head unit.
Panasonic 12 disk multichanger
Kenwood 12" Sub in box
400w Kenwood amp
12 various CDs

Anonymous
04-08-01, 09:08 PM
I was in the same predicament once mate , i went to the cinema, came out , found my drivers door screwdrivered and they had tried to nick the car, coincedently my 16" alloys which had been on the car all of 6 hours and cost me ?700 were the main target i reckon as the stereo wasnt touched...........i went into the cinema and they said oh well sorry there arent any cameras covering that area - park it in the main area next time son or use one of the disabled spots. I was f*****g fuming i was like well i would have parked in the main area if there were any spaces and i wouldnt be so inconsiderate to park in a disabled parking space anyway . WANKERS!

Anonymous
05-08-01, 12:12 AM
ha...police doing what???

"But at least the police are looking into the cctv video tapes... "

don't hold your breath mate....my driver's door got reversed into a few weeks back, in a car park....it was caught on CCTV, from which we got the make and model of car (MKIII Astra Estate), and the Rego number (M357 ENU). The police were informed, and they said they would be looking into it.....ha....the result? "I have to inform you that police enquiries have been made in an effort to trace the party involved without success" x-(

I mean...for fucks sake.....if you drove through a speed camera and they got your details, they'd know exactly who you were, and promptly send out the notice that you've been caught speeding etc.....so why the fuck can't they find the twat who fucked my door in????

Hopefully, the police where you live mate, might be a bit more resourceful....you can but hope :O

Anonymous
05-08-01, 10:26 AM
My car got broken into last Christmas when I went into town to finish my shopping. It was parked in a pay and display car park with about 10 cctv cameras on it. I got back to my car to find my window smashed so I got the parking attendant to contact the cctv people and they turned round and said, we have over 200 cameras in Darlington and basically they wouldnt look back 1 hour on 1 of their cameras. Waist of time.

Anonymous
05-08-01, 11:31 AM
Bad luck, a m8 of mine had brought 2 10 inch subs and had them for about a week, we went out friday night and got pissed as usual then the next day came outside to go to a party and the door had been screwdrivered and the subs and 6x9's and parcel shelf had been blagged :( rang the police and they didnt give a shit! ive got a good idea who it is as well but the police couldnt care less, bloody wankers!

i rekon the best thing to do is get a clifford alarm, like breenys ;) good steering wheel lock, de-lock and de handle the doors and sit back and smile :D

Anonymous
05-08-01, 07:00 PM
sry to hear mate, ive had a similar prob as some of u know, after only having my nova for a week and a half and only fitting the stereo,amp,cd changer....that night it got robbed :( with only the sub left behind cause it was a fucked up one in a huuuge box...screwdrivred the door as well...

Which is why ive gone for remote central locking and getting the doors delocked plus smooth tilgate and lock taken off, yes i know theres a good chance the battery might die and id be locked out but is worth it as im slowly spending a lot of money on my car and i reckon its well worth the risk of having to smash one window and jump start the car or somet

Anonymous
05-08-01, 10:52 PM
even if the battery does die it is soooo easy to break into a nova.

Anonymous
05-08-01, 10:54 PM
what i meant was ,to get into it yourself without causing any damage

Anonymous
05-08-01, 11:06 PM
Depends what you've done to protect it.

If you've de-locked it, there's no rod accessible from down the side of the window glass, plus if you add shields inside the door, that makes it impossible to jammy, or whatever the term is.

Also, if you get rid of the lock plungers, braking the glass does not help.

Novas don't have to be easy to get into....depends what you do ;)

Anonymous
06-08-01, 04:42 PM
what you do is you put a fair amount of tape over the window (rear window so you dont sit on glass in drivers seat) and then smash it.
Pull the bits of glass away and climb in.
Get into drivers seat. Break the ignition surround of with a screwdriver.
Pull the black plug thing out from behind ignition and using yer screwdriver insert into hole and twist. Away you go.
Fair enough if it's alarmed and immobilised this is not possible really but if you just delocked etc etc etc this is the best way in.
I aint no car thief, but i know a fair few people who are into that sort of thing.
One guy i know nicked a mitsubishi gto which had a cat1 fitted...
How he did it i dont know but he did coz me n sum mates saw him drive it past us.
Cheeky twat.

andrew.tunnicliffe@whitbread.com
ANDY@WISEWOOD.NET

Anonymous
06-08-01, 05:53 PM
lol like to see some one nick my car
nice and easy to get into and drive away :D

oh but i've disabled the brakes :p

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
07-08-01, 09:06 AM
A visual deterent is a good thing. I bought a full steering wheel lock and the same night my girlfriends dads car was parked about 3 meters away from mine, they broke into his car, had a look around and didn't even touch mine. I don't know if the steering lock put them off, but I certainly think it was worth ?90. Plus I've had the doors de-locked, I've trimmed down the door pins, as my car got broken into once before, they smashed the passenger side quater window, lent in and opened the door pulling the door pin up. Now they can't do that as the whole pin sinks into the door. I've got a Thatcham approved Cat 1 Alarm, and now my car sits in my garage at night instead of on the road :) Also, whenever I go out at night I try and take my girlfriends 1.1 Metro - now who's gonna steel that? hehe :D

Jim.

"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winnings winning!"

Anonymous
07-08-01, 06:37 PM
cheese what alarm did u have???

[-rexyskittykatty.gif-]

Anonymous
07-08-01, 11:06 PM
You could fit Perspex windows maybe....they can't smash those. Of course, there's always that security film too.

Anonymous
09-08-01, 11:32 PM
Cheers for all the replies and suggestions guys.. I meant to write this before but didnt get chance.. i got my alarm tested by a company just round the corner from my work a couple of days ago.. It works 100%. the interior sensors and the battery drain senors all work! And i remember turning off the alarm before i realised anyone had tampered with it.. so the cheeky wan**rs robbed my car with the alarm going off! And i bet nobody did anything about it!
Nevermind, whats done is done, and ive got a nice shiney new head unit already fitted :)