PDA

View Full Version : all nova XE owners.... !!

TUBZGSXR
22-06-04, 01:14 PM
just wonderin if anyone else has had this problem?? engine runs an goes sweet, but on idle it seems a bit erratic, an sum times might cut out completely!! starts fine striagh after but a bit annoyin! wots this all about, doest seem to be anythin major wrong with the engine , cause wens it going its better than ever! just this odd idle, an sumtimes if its been sittin in the heat it will take longer to turn over an start up??!!!
help pleeeeeeeeeeeeese
:D

dunova
22-06-04, 02:37 PM
What rpm is your tick-over at? Might need highering. Try cleaning out your injectors aswell

Will F
22-06-04, 03:16 PM
Cant really 'higher' the idle really. Shouldnt be the prob anyway.

I would check for leaks first, mine was leaking from the SFi box and was all over the shop at idle.
It ran swwet as, when driving too.

TUBZGSXR
22-06-04, 04:26 PM
yea mite run sum redEX through it see wot happens..... :roll:

rodgerq
22-06-04, 05:27 PM
also give the idle control valve a good clean out along with all the pipe work attached to it. it sits at the back of the block, silver cylinder with pipes and an electrical connection on it. it gunks up with oil fumes after a while and starts to play havoc on your idleing.

rodgerq

nova198
22-06-04, 06:07 PM
try disconnecting your air mass meter then connecting it again. or if you can just try another one. these sometimes go faulty.

madcodling
22-06-04, 06:27 PM
sounds like the timing to me you can adjust it by the distributer cap. you may needa mechanic to do it tho

TWAG
22-06-04, 10:42 PM
sounds like the timing to me you can adjust it by the distributer cap. you may needa mechanic to do it tho

This should be nothing to do with the timing! :?

More than likely going to be to do with your idle control valve of like Will said, there may be an air leak.

Best bet is to take the sfi box off etc, along with idle control valve and pipework, clean the whole lot up and put it back together ensuring every thing is correct.

This will give you a good starting point, to work from.

m.d.
22-06-04, 10:45 PM
you cant adjust the timing on the xe so it will deffo be either the idle control valve or you may have an air leak somewhere

madcodling
22-06-04, 10:47 PM
the electric timing on the coil

TWAG
22-06-04, 10:53 PM
hmmmm, dont think you can.

novashed
22-06-04, 11:39 PM
ICV, usula culprit so im told by most on migweb!

give it a clean out

PS if anybody has got a spare ICV going let me know as ive lost mine for the XE lump

alalal
30-07-04, 07:22 PM
Are you running with a K&N filter????? if so try something different.. my xe always did it and Well Lane Turbo Center said it is a common fault when running K&N`s.

Al