PDA

View Full Version : de locking

gary_1.2Merit
22-06-04, 12:09 PM
im about to install my central locking and alarm, so i can delock my doors. how do i delock, lyk, wot to cover the hole with n how to secure it? iz it very hard coz ive not used filler before :? also how do i get in if my battery dies?

madcodling
22-06-04, 06:40 PM
dont do it if you aint too sure i would get a garage to do it if i was you. it takes quite a while to weld a plate fill the hole then sand it all down. plus dont forget when youve done all that you have got to get it painted too.

Adam
22-06-04, 07:12 PM
Just stick in a metal plate, you can stick it with tiger seal if you ain't got access to a welder. Then fill the hole with properly mixed filler until its slightly higher than the door itself. Sand it down until completely smooth and level with the door. Then just spray it with primer, and then spray over with paint. It isn't really a difficult painting job.

As for if your battery dies, what a few people have done is run two wires from the battery wtih a fuse in-line, then you need another battery(from a mates car etc) and connect it up.
This should provide enough power to power the locking mechanism.
For people that don't do anything, they just depend on the battery, but i know i wouldn't depend on the battery.