PDA

View Full Version : clutch pedel 2 hard

NoVa_KhAn
21-06-04, 06:11 PM
it feels so hard 2 push any suggestions y?

dan-hipgrave
21-06-04, 06:33 PM
bit of WD40 on the bits behind the pedal?

snapper
21-06-04, 06:34 PM
new cable and/or clutch :)

replaced mine on my gsi, soooo much smoother and lighter now.

NoVa_KhAn
21-06-04, 06:36 PM
ok i think ill try the wd40 first lol

my legs r killin me from it its not that bad but after a while it kills

Nick
21-06-04, 06:55 PM
theres 3 things you can try doing.

Srpay alot of WD40 underneath the dash where the pivot is for the pedal. There should be a spring mechanism, if u soak that in WD40 then get a syringe n pump some grease over it it might help (it'l stop the classic squeeking noise that every vaxhall suffer from)

OPen the bonnet and look at your clutch, there is a large arm and pivot that your clutch cable pulls on. Get some more WD40 and soak the pivotting bit in it, then spray some oil on it. This should also stop any squeeking as well.

Last thing you can try is; on the same part as mentioned above the cable will come outta a rubber sheath. It could be the cable rubbing on the sheath causing alot of resistance, get the wd40 n try spraying up the sheath, if u get what i mean ! :-S

just get a mate to press the clutch in n try oiling/lubing everything that moves.

Failing that it could be a worn cable, or more likely the clutch itself

rodgerq
21-06-04, 07:02 PM
yeah mine is stiff aswell(clutch pedal ok lol). my clutch is on its way out...

good thing im bungin a 2ltr 8v in pretty soon

rodgerq

Adam
21-06-04, 07:09 PM
Your clutch cable will soon snap as its being strained by the force needed to press the clutch down. The smae happened to a mates car, the clutch was dead strong after it had a new clutch fitted and the cable broke within a matter of weeks of having it fitted.

Jim
21-06-04, 07:09 PM
Srpay alot of WD40 underneath the dash where the pivot is for the pedal. There should be a spring mechanism, if u soak that in WD40 then get a syringe n pump some grease over it it might help (it'l stop the classic squeeking noise that every vaxhall suffer from)

Ahhh, the infamous squeaking clutch pedal. I did exactly what j829nick has said and it helps. I didnt have a stiff pedal, but i did have the annoying squeaky clutch. it's a bit of a bitch to see where to spray the WD40. I'd taken my Interior out so was able to lie on my back and get right into the footwell with the WD40.

Jim

NoVa_KhAn
21-06-04, 07:22 PM
thanks 4 all ya help lads im gona go get sum wd40 from sumwhere n try it

NoVa_KhAn
21-06-04, 10:14 PM
didnt need no wd40 i just loosend the cable it feels well nicce now

Funkdocta
22-06-04, 11:13 PM
Donkey clutch syndrom. Damb.