PDA

View Full Version : sri seats help!!!!

newboy2thenova
20-06-04, 09:13 PM
bought a full sri interior blue/red but i carnt get the front seats 2 go in are the sri seats the same sub frame and so on?..and any ideas how 2 get them 2 fit..its goin in 2 a mk2 same as wot they came out of..plz any help

epo
20-06-04, 09:59 PM
cant see why they wont fit

just a quick question not to make u sound daft or owt but ur puttin the drivers seat in the drivers side and passenger in passenger

maybe thats what wrong just a guess tho

newboy2thenova
20-06-04, 10:01 PM
yeh m8 im putting em in the rite side..any other ideas.would be gr8

Matt Nova
20-06-04, 11:55 PM
Are they goin in a non SR/i? My old 1.2 seats used to slant slightly on their subframes but removed them and my new SR ones only go back anf forward so will be different subframes.

ps do your backseats sit flush? Mine don't :cry:

newboy2thenova
21-06-04, 06:01 PM
not sure if mine tilt yet m8 gotta try n get em in first lol

newboy2thenova
24-06-04, 07:42 PM
hi m8 just got my sri seats in and they do sit flush and not slanded abit...just though id tell ya l8terz

Nick
25-06-04, 09:55 AM
They are different sbframes i think.

my nova 1.2 ones have curved rails that the seats slide along, and there is a single handed lever on the outside of the seats.

The SR ones have a Huge grab handle running the length of the seat underneath and they slide much better cos they are on different rails. !

im sure they aren't tooo different, just need to compare them properly

robb
25-06-04, 01:50 PM
The tilt and slide ones, with a single handle not the full width ones do have different subframes, they slide and use the notches on the chassis lugs, the SR SRi GSi ones all have two hooks at the back of the subframes, these hook into the ends of the lugs on the chassis (the ones with notches on) and bolt up at the front, they are a piece of piss to fit once you have done it once.

One is also further back than the other (middle ones near exhaust tunnel) so you can hook one side in then the other.

They are much better than those tilt ones, they feel wierd and can never get the right position with them!

If you are still having problems I will get some pictures for you.

Let us know

Philsutton
25-06-04, 05:06 PM
they should fit, i managed to get some GTE seats into a 5 door

novaexplod
25-06-04, 06:04 PM
i had this problem cos ive got the shite tilt runners in my car n the gte/sr sri /gsi seats with not physically slide on to them. :(

newboy2thenova
25-06-04, 06:15 PM
ay people i got the seats in after a while just takes abit of force..
gotta admit they are better than the tilt 1's ...they slide gr8 and can get better postion on pedals now..just have 2 get 1 side in then the other bolt it dont loose slide seat rite bck then bolt up fully piece of p**s

benji
25-06-04, 06:42 PM
are you the guy who bought my sri seats?

newboy2thenova
25-06-04, 06:44 PM
depends if u live in derby m8 n drive a red sri ??

benji
25-06-04, 08:25 PM
i live in allenton and the cars just got sri badges it started life as a swing.

M_U_T_A_N_T21
25-06-04, 09:09 PM
i carnt really remember what the runners look like now is there no way you can change the runners from 1 to the other you should be able to do this you can with most car seats

newboy2thenova
25-06-04, 10:03 PM
no need 2 change runners m8 they just fit after a few mins moving them in 2 position..