PDA

View Full Version : 3 POINTS!!!!!?????

Al Wilson
20-06-04, 07:14 PM
I am ever so slightly f****d off!

Just driven home from work about an hour ago and the police decide to do a 'routine' one and pull me over at the end of my road. They go through all of my car, inside and out and start chatting to me about it, how long its taken, shows its been to etc etc. I thought 'result' they are just interested and maybe one of the rare nice coppers you meet.

NO! How wrong could I be! I offered one of them to have a look at my engine bay has he was obviously itching to see it, being impressed with the outside and keen to look what work I'd done. What a mistake that was...

The only thing they found wrong with the car was "USING VEHICLE IN DANGEROUS CONDITION - INSECURE BATTERY-" The f***ker has given me 3 point and a ?60 fine for a slightly lose battery! Talk about modifier/police relations. I've now got a record for 3 years all because I thought I'd oblige and let him look.

Moral of the story, you may as well bend over because you're f****d from the second they see you! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Al

phazer
20-06-04, 07:28 PM
They're doing a lot of battery checks at the minute. The whole routine was probably just to get a look without actually asking. :roll:

To be fair though, it is dangerous to have a battery unsecured....put it down to experience and get it bolted down.

Al Wilson
20-06-04, 07:36 PM
Already done mate, only forgot to tighten it as I removed it when taking the scuttle panle out for the pics I posted last week. I'm just p***ed they pretend to be nice. Honest mistake and its not like it would of ever fallen out or moved enough to cause any accident/injury, but not an honest prosecution!

sh0rty
20-06-04, 07:46 PM
They'd love a look under mine ;) Most of it is held together with cable ties :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

phazer
20-06-04, 07:48 PM
Already done mate, only forgot to tighten it as I removed it when taking the scuttle panle out for the pics I posted last week. I'm just p***ed they pretend to be nice. Honest mistake and its not like it would of ever fallen out or moved enough to cause any accident/injury, but not an honest prosecution!

Ah right, seems very harsh. Did you get chance to say anything, or did they just bend you over ?? :wink: :roll:

Al Wilson
20-06-04, 07:54 PM
I've learnt ther's no point in arguing or trying to explain as they get arsy and try to find something else to screw you for.

Another 'point' they came up with - I have no ignition key in the car (Push button) so apparently that invalidates my insurance! What rubbish, my insurance know I have no ignition key, its written on the certificate with ever other mod I've done! They said it invalidates it because you can break in and start it... Well PC what about the IMOBILISER, the thing that stops it going anywhere!!!!

Cheeze
20-06-04, 08:05 PM
thats the plod for ya, as u said its not gonna fall is it, as contained in a bay, i got stopped because of my white led sidelights, never got anything for it, bloody w**ks

M_U_T_A_N_T21
20-06-04, 08:05 PM
WHAT B**TARDS id be pissed surly they should have just give you one of those things where you go get your mot stamped an that how can they slap you 3 points for that the pigs are wa**ers.

Al Wilson
20-06-04, 08:12 PM
I just can't wait for the insurance phone call.

AL: Hi, hust want to update my insurance as I've recieved points on my license.

INSURANCE: Ok, what for - speeding, reckless endangerment, drink driving, killing someone?

AL: Er, no. A wobberly battery.

INSURANCE: Right........

Mel
20-06-04, 08:13 PM
bless ya..

i havent been pulled over yet since putting my alloys on, so hopefully i wont get the need to show um under my bonnet.

(prolly just jinxed that now :lol: )

Freak
20-06-04, 08:24 PM
appeal it

They should have given you a 14 day VDR, or at very worst a prohibition order.

Appeal it and kick up a stink-
Were they traffic cops?
Or just normal cops?

Bullshit about the ignition key- thats retarded- even new lagunas have no key and a button, not to mention Merc CLs/SLs

General Baxter
20-06-04, 08:27 PM
what was the code they gave u?

Stuart
20-06-04, 08:37 PM
shit happens

just contest it as freak said

Al Wilson
20-06-04, 08:40 PM
What code mate? On that yellow piece of paper I'm considering using as toilet paper.

Oh and they questioned the no door handles! 'What happens if we need to get you out and the cars on its side and there no visible way of getting in etc etc etc' 'PC said there is a reason why cars are not made with no door handles - because its illegal!!! ER TVR ANYONE!!!!

OH! and thats not it - this is priceless! Any car that doesn't have the same exhaust/system it left the manufactures garage with from new is, yes you guessed, ILLEGAL! I questioned all the other cars and he wisely informed me that they are ALL ILLEGAL!

My god what a load of crap................

General Baxter
20-06-04, 08:42 PM
code

say like sp30 is speeding on a public road ect:
DR10 - insurance

ect:::::

Al Wilson
20-06-04, 08:47 PM
Hasn't got one that I can see.

Just says FIXED PENALTY NOTICE (ENDORSABLE OFFENCE) (42)

I think that reads - OPEN CHEQUE FOR MONEY TO THE GOVERNMENT.

Kind of a, we can't screw him for speeding or soemthing so we'll use a general cash generater form....

Barn
20-06-04, 09:03 PM
how do you secure the battery ?

i don't think the battery on my last one was secured down...

that is well sh*t though mate...

like the others said contest it mate as that seems well harsh

:+:

epo
20-06-04, 09:56 PM
gutted for u al

not very fair at all is it :(

novahead
20-06-04, 10:17 PM
get in ya car and go down the police station and kick up a fat fuss thats wot me brother did and they let him off, thats was for fog lights, there all aload of WAN*KERS no PIG nose shit about cars, find the copper, and ask to look at his car, LMAO

Neonfury
20-06-04, 11:35 PM
Ditto, they'll probably be okay at the station and take the piss out of the two that stitched you up ;-)

broody
20-06-04, 11:38 PM
put in that plate bit that holds the battery down and go to police station and tell them the bolt was slightly lose left undone by a garage, so not your fault! and you didnt realise!

srs1
21-06-04, 12:23 AM
the cops are here for a reason.
they'll be a day when all of you will cry for there help.

i read this post and say, yes. contest it. if you put the plate on it like neil said and say it was slightly loose you may get lucky.

picture this thou.

you are a twat of a drive (i did say picture) and you are driving it like a saxo.
you fly around a busy road. the battery slip. pulls leads.
cars dead. no power, only the momento

crash.
pedestrian is laid across your bonnet.

all because of a loose battery.

Riggy
21-06-04, 12:33 AM
sorry for you mate seans got a point but imo its harsh and i would go to the station and contest it

Freak
21-06-04, 12:35 AM
When i had my nova i got pulled loads

I printed off a complete copy of the official MOT testers manual, the uk number plate laws and some other stuff like constructions and use regulations, and kept them in my glove box.

A lot of the time it would shut them up and stop them talking cr*p as soon as you show them the offical wording and legal standpoint.

They tried it with single wiper, no locks, clear rear lights (with refectors on back seperately) no e marks, excessively lowered, low splitters, LED sidelamps, you name it they tried it-

Keep it legal- and have the proof ready, and you will get away with it if its legal.
Its not illegal to have no door handles- as long as the drivers door can be opened from the outside (be it electronically, with a handle, a solenoid+button, via alarm channels, or simply by leaving the window open with a piece of chord attached to the interior handle) its legal. That is a fact.

Ste_Nova
21-06-04, 09:25 AM
sounds like you were cocky about other mods.... i got pulled the other week and gave the coppers shit (after wasting their astra td :lol: )... they gave me a ?30 fine for non working numberplate light

Nath
21-06-04, 11:38 AM
my battery isnt secured and i carnt see a way of doing it, anyway i got pulled the other nite because the car is registered in my mums name and i was driving it due to being a named driver... they couldnt keep up with me at first :lol: was a woman copper though, anyway they pulled me and just asked me who the car was registered to i said my mums name and they said spot on cya

Al Wilson
22-06-04, 04:20 PM
Went and surrended my license yesterday morning.

I really want to contest it but we have a really crap police system down here. The division that pulled me are Essex police and the one that is in my local council are the metropolitan. When I produced the license etc the cop at my local station said "Thats Essex police for you!" Theres not much I can really do as I'll be forever fighting two separate divisions.

And added to that if I was let off they'd be forever after me and stop me at every avalible opportunity trying to stick something on me.