PDA

View Full Version : Number Plate Issues!

Potswalker
20-06-04, 04:00 PM
Here is a link to my car.
http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=1778

I need to sort out my front number plate, cant think what to do!
I put a normal sized one in the mesh in the front bumper but it made the front end look so wrong. Was thinking about putting a square plate to one side on the bottom shelf of the bumper(maybe on small stilts to raise it up a bit). Does anybody know what the MOT says about the front plate? whether it needs to be completely vertical or not? Or any other ideas let me know.
Cheers

Jules
20-06-04, 07:24 PM
Get one on a standard size plate but using motorbike sized lettering, then trim it down a bit so it's not as tall or as wide as a normal one (don't do it too much or the police will nab you for it) and put it in the middle on the bar bit above the meshed part.

As for the MoT just leave a set of standard plated on your passenger seat when you take it for it's MoT - just to prove that you do have them.

epo
20-06-04, 09:34 PM
i have a square on on the front legal letterin
and an import size one on the back
both r show plates i have had show plates on before and never failed

i was told by a copper when i had me gte with illegal lettering that number plates were not part of the mot test as i said mine passed with illegal letterin

mowgli
22-06-04, 08:52 PM
have you thought of using a self adhesive no. plate stuck on the very front of the bumper
stick the backing( available from all good caravan shops & backstreet motor factors) on, with your choice of lettering (sign shop).

Can't look any worse than that Alfa Romeo with it stuck on the corner.

The classic car people have been doing it for ever.

tom_beverley
22-06-04, 09:01 PM
i was thinkin a sticky number plate stuck on the bottom lip of the bumper, dont know if its legal or out tho

novaexplod
25-06-04, 04:19 PM
thats wot i wud do put it on the bottom snow shovel, dunno if its legal but as long as its visible it shud b alrite.

Potswalker
29-06-04, 10:22 AM
Quite like it in the windscreen. is that illegal? think sticking it to the bottom lip is probably the best plan. cheers :lol: