PDA

View Full Version : cost????

Anonymous
07-08-01, 09:02 AM
ok i wasnt sure which forum to put this in so no-one shout at me. very simple question that i have asked my mechanic mate but he doesnt seem to want to give me a straight answer. I should have just come to you lot in the first place. How much does it cost to fit lowering springs (not inc springs). I know it will probably vary but I just want an idea really. I live in and around liverpool so if anyone can recommend some one that would be wicked. ta la's

Anonymous
07-08-01, 09:09 AM
It really does depend on where you take it. I got a set of 4 springs and 2 shocks fitted by a mechanic and he charged me ?40 for the lot. Try shopping around you're local garages and find a garage you're happy with. If you have no joy, I'm sure Ian Storey will know someone ;)

Jim.

"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winnings winning!"

Anonymous
07-08-01, 09:21 AM
BAT are in liverpool city centre 0151 709 8585,(opposite tj hughes off london road.
no idea of charge, might not be cheap,

alternatively ask ste to do it as a foreigner as he is cheap(but not as cheap as breeny apparently who admitted he was cheap and easy.) see if he fancies doing it?
mail him at ste@novaload.net see what he is doing this weekend, or one evening as liverpool isnt too far, the weekend after next is billing though.

Anonymous
07-08-01, 09:25 AM
how about doing it at billing??? :D
i'm all ready doing a mods workshop B-)

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
07-08-01, 09:28 AM
Shit i never realised bat was there. Ill pay em a visit . I should really ask my mate to do it but it means pestering him for beards. cheers bwoys.

Anonymous
07-08-01, 09:44 AM
that would rule and everything but I dont go to any of those things.

Anonymous
07-08-01, 09:46 AM
I dont mean to be sarcastic (like Ian:P) but I noticed this...

"I live in and around liverpool"

... do you have a mobile home :P :P

---:D---*---B-)---
kev@novaload.net

Anonymous
07-08-01, 09:50 AM
lmao good one kev, actually awake for once.

Bat are next to th ebullring on moor place and the car park is other side gill street, coming up london road turn right imediately after salters furniture shop, right opposite the littlewoods catalogue shop, its not far down the road from the royal hospital.

Anonymous
07-08-01, 09:53 AM
damn kev you pedantic batsrd.,.Lol yeah I'm actually one of those gypsies that you see setting up camp on general waste areas 'in and around liverpool'.

Really though I am all over the place ...my girl lives in rainhill as does my parentage then I live in ravertree so im up and down constantly. I have mates in huyton,whiston,kenny and such areas. so there you go kev . thats my poor excuse for writing 'in and around'. next time ill try harder.

Anonymous
07-08-01, 09:54 AM
get a set of spring clamps and do it yourself!!! it takes about 1 hour to do the lot. even hire some spring clamps or something, wont cost as much as if you pay a garage to do it.

A Jellybaby goes to the doctor and says "I've got AIDS"

The doctor says: "You can't have AIDS you're a Jellybaby"

The Jellybaby replies "I know I'm a Jellybaby, but I've been shagging
Allsorts"

Anonymous
07-08-01, 09:56 AM
Just thought, Ste, you doing a mods workshop at Billing??? I'll bring my car down and the 2.0 16v engine then!!! fit it in a weekend in the middle of a field!!! :)

Allsorts"

Anonymous
07-08-01, 10:47 AM
lol @ kev :D

Anonymous
07-08-01, 10:49 AM
y?

Anonymous
07-08-01, 11:14 AM
Blondie mate try BAT motorsport or merseyspeed in aintree they r pretty reasonably failing that try a little place in west derby village well, alderhey hospitalthere is a little oplace near there aswell!!

"Ill do anything to help aslong as it aint a saxo"

Anonymous
07-08-01, 11:27 AM
company i work for has a depot in huyton...

useless bit of info for ya.

andrew.tunnicliffe@whitbread.com
ANDY@WISEWOOD.NET

Anonymous
07-08-01, 11:53 AM
whereabouts in aintree is merseyspeed? is it the industrial estate?

Anonymous
07-08-01, 11:53 AM
merseyspeed are only a tiny shop, no fitting facilities.

Anonymous
07-08-01, 11:55 AM
I think I'll just ask around the garages and if that fails i'll go to bat.

Anonymous
07-08-01, 12:21 PM
agree with JK on this one, it is very easy. If you don't know how to do it, the haynes manual explains most of it. Rears are easy, fronts are slightly harder because you have to use spring clamps to change the struts, i changed my springs and shocks in about 2 hrs but i was taking it easy. :D

Anonymous
07-08-01, 12:38 PM
thats a point I should buy a haynes manual. Did they make 2 different ones for the 2 different models? mines a mk2 ...I think ive only ever seen them for the mk1.

Anonymous
07-08-01, 01:07 PM
it's the same one for the MK1 and MK2. There is a section at the back with updates for the mk2.

Allsorts"

Anonymous
07-08-01, 01:15 PM
laffin

Anonymous
07-08-01, 01:34 PM
kidder

lol thats ians reg plate he'll be on here and he'll have you quoting his plate lol

(for those that don't know ian griffiths - runs corsasport has reg l4ffn and his mate si has k7dda)

Anonymous
07-08-01, 01:39 PM
jeeezus thats awful. it says laffin kidda on m.s.r on the dreamcast everytime I go round a corner without crashing!

if i do crash it says 'well in dickhead'

Anonymous
07-08-01, 02:27 PM
lol is that the scally version?

Anonymous
07-08-01, 02:35 PM
yeah ..to play you have to wear rockports with trackies which have to be stuffed into grandad socks. youve got to shout 'eh knobhead' at all other passing cars and throwing chips at hippies gets you extra points.

Anonymous
07-08-01, 03:14 PM
whats the idea of the game? hang round street corners and parks drinking cider?

see who can drink most cider, or get off with the most 14year old schoolies, after getting them bladdered. lmao

Anonymous
07-08-01, 05:16 PM
sounds like my kind ov game lol

Micky@novaload.net :)