PDA

View Full Version : Spray Gun ?

music junky
19-06-04, 04:34 PM
Ive got a couple of comps in my garage that both push 10cfm, i wanted to know what spray guns you use on your cars and do you get a good finnish and what is a good make to buy.
Cheers Daz

Rach
19-06-04, 04:48 PM
dunno soz... i used a bodyshop

epo
19-06-04, 05:00 PM
imo gravity guns are good and it saves u a bit on paint so i was told

music junky
19-06-04, 05:23 PM
I can buy a hvlp gun that will only use a quarter of the paint that normall spray guns use.
I just thought that some guys on here might have there own setups and tell me what guns to use and what to stay clear of.
Anyway my dad sprayed cars for 30 years and i finnished collage but havent been in the bodyshop game for a few years so have lost touch with decent guns.
Hvlp are guns that use high volume at low pressure and are sapposed to warm the air up so that more paint gose on the car and virtually no over spray.
Anyway thanks for the help lads
Daz

-tucny-
20-06-04, 10:18 AM
get a gravity feed gun. there the best hvlp guns iv used. easier to set up and the paint actually goes on what ur spraying rather than in the air. iv got quite a few guns and thats the one i use all the time - its easy to control, gives me a good finish n works well with small compressors. it was only a cheap one too. plus there easy to clean! :wink:

music junky
20-06-04, 10:51 AM
Thanks a lot Tucny :D I dont fancy getting a bigger comp and paying two grand.
I just wanted a gun that would work off my 10cfm without any probs and give me a decent paint job.
I noticed your only up the road from me :D Im in Siddal Halifax.
I just wanted to have a go painting a new panel for my discovery becouse the old one is nackered and its a family car.
Im trying to sell my old cavalier for ?400 if you know anyone, timewasters galore in yorkshire lol.
Anyway thanks for the help again mate Daz

epo
20-06-04, 11:59 AM
ur both not far from me either nor where am workin
cedar court hotel re wirin the new kitchen there at huddestfield

do a lot of work 4 bradford dfs too