PDA

View Full Version : Appreciating your nova...

broody
19-06-04, 01:01 AM
Just realising how much i appreciate my nova, after it being off the road for so long and then trying to get the 2ltr sorted, for past month i have been getting up for work, going to my car, starting it, driving it to work, parking it, leaving it there for 8-10 hours, then starting it and driving it home.

Dont sound much but its soooooo nice ot have a engine and car that works now!

And my bodywork is getting fixed on monday with another GSI front bumper, brand new from vaux. and think im getting a Seat ibiza splitter for it or something different to try out :wink:

Just need to get my financial situation sorted out and then can do the last few bits ive got to do on my car, nearly done everything.

List i have GOT to do is,
Wheel barings
Engine mounts
Radiator
Sport Cam

Thats my target for a while.

Neil

epo
19-06-04, 09:04 AM
nice 1 neil

i know some people who slate them ect
but i have been really lucky with my sri i drive it 25 mile aday for the past 2 years and i have very little go wrong with it and whats gone wrong has been very cheap to fix

benji
19-06-04, 01:01 PM
when i had the 32/34 carb on mine it drove like a brand new car, since fitting the T40's i've had no end of problems. but i wouldn't swap back

SKoob
19-06-04, 03:28 PM
when i had the 32/34 carb on mine it drove like a brand new car, since fitting the T40's i've had no end of problems. but i wouldn't swap back
Same as me m8, my car was a dream with the old weber 32/34, never let me down, now with my twin 40s i'm lucky if it starts :cry: ah well its off to the garage to get that looked at :|

Col_Mk1
19-06-04, 03:30 PM
wish i cud drive mine :(

krobinson
19-06-04, 06:52 PM
Same as me m8, my car was a dream with the old weber 32/34, never let me down, now with my twin 40s i'm lucky if it starts :cry: ah well its off to the garage to get that looked at :|

hmmmm.. this scares me quite a bit.. However Steven assures me that i shouldnt have any problems with mine! He recon's problems are down to them not being set-up propely!

What sort of problems have you guy's had?

Keith

benji
19-06-04, 07:03 PM
the problems are from buying second hand carbs and not having them rebuilt. you should be fine

SKoob
19-06-04, 07:04 PM
I've had my carbs fully recon'd and setup on the rollers, the mxiture seems spot on according to the computer and they are balanced perfectly. The problem is that when I start it from cold it will just catch then die :? Gonna see what this garage can do.

krobinson
19-06-04, 07:07 PM
Skoob, sent u a PM a few weeks back n u never replyed :P

Keith

SKoob
19-06-04, 07:12 PM
sorted 8) soz :oops: Well like I say its not really useable as it is, but hopefully it can be sorted :|

Breeny
19-06-04, 07:13 PM
My carbs were great actually.. Never really had any problems with them, started 1st time the majority of times and if not would defo start 2nd time after a bit of fuel..

Courtesy of MC/CP's skills I think!

benji
19-06-04, 07:25 PM
mine start first time but they don't have the road manners of my last set-up

Mel
19-06-04, 07:34 PM
mine start every morning fine..even in the winter, it was fine..except when my dizzy died & used to stall when slowing down in busy traffic lol..but that was cheap (free dizzy courtesy of Luke, thanks) to fix, took no time at all, and i was back on the road.

i did also feel useless without my car. when i had the accident last april (non-fault!) which wrote my car off, i felt deserted without it..

i would not be without my car for long if i could help it..

Breeny
19-06-04, 07:43 PM
Mine were fine in traffic etc too!

Going back to the original topic though..

Even though I'm driving my beemer which is lovely to drive, nice and comfy, power steering bla bla.. I miss all the characteristics of my nova.. bouncing all over the road, uncomfortable.. hard to park bla bla.. I think they call it "Character" lol!

SKoob
19-06-04, 07:45 PM
I've never had probs parking my car, I find power steering makes it too light on the road. Should get down to the gym Breeny :P :lol:

Breeny
19-06-04, 07:59 PM
Go down the Gym 4 times a week thanks.. :P I put that across wrong.. its got a tiny steering wheel so its harder to park.. I could park the beemer with my little finger.. lol

Mel
19-06-04, 08:01 PM
lol, naa, i've never had a problem with driving or parking it either. i also love my novas to bits :wink:

cooper_nova
20-06-04, 02:15 AM
i love my nova its a good little car for wot it is (1ltr lol) and the wife loves it too,coz it got us to pv and bk she spent 60quid on her to neaten her up a bit as a thankyou :lol:

and the wife has promised me an xe conversion after xmas coz she got peed off wiv getting left bhind on the way to pv 8)

Jim
21-06-04, 01:56 PM
I've forgotten what it's like to drive a Nova :roll:

Jim

Stuart
21-06-04, 03:04 PM
i dont drive anymore, i pilot lol

Ste_Nova
21-06-04, 03:49 PM
i drove an m3 gt (same shape as breenys) it was shit... sideways most of the time and the cabin felt cramped..... my nova (even my shit one) is much nicer to drive

Barn
21-06-04, 04:07 PM
are you taking the p*ss ste or are you serious ?

namkeaps
21-06-04, 04:20 PM
was that AC's evo one ste lol?

visions of ste doing donuts in a m3 evo with spanking new tyres on it lol

Ste_Nova
23-06-04, 11:36 AM
was that AC's evo one ste lol?

visions of ste doing donuts in a m3 evo with spanking new tyres on it lol

that is correct... it was a gt not an evo

like this
http://www.ssij.nu/bilder/osk/m3-gt.jpg

BMW produced only 350 of these cars as the street version of the GTR to comply with homologation rules so that the car could race in Europe in the GT class. While the United States received the special LTW version of the E36, Europeans received this car. It came with an adjustable air dam and rear spoiler as well as aluminum doors and carbon fiber trim. Since these features were introduced and were used on the street version in Europe, they could be used on the track in the GTR version of the car. The car was produced in only "British racing green" and the interior was "Mexico green" with black doors and other accents. Even though this was basically an M3 the car did not carry the M3 badge on the trunk.

The car included a tuned version of the S50 B30 engine that produced 295hp. It also included the same forged wheels that were used on the LTW in the United States. The car was supplied with the GT (LTW) oil pan installed

Unlike the LTW, the car was not stripped down for weight. It included a full leather interior and all of the standard luxury features including a tilt wheel and sun roof.

Stuart
23-06-04, 11:54 AM
i drove a merc slk the otherday, with the roof down and that felt cramped and clostrophobic!!! wtf

oh and it felt a bit all or nothing, so round town it was shitte to drive, but out in open roads it was a little mroe perky.

suffice to say i was happy to get back in the omega as its acctually great fun to drive, even if it is a bit scary in the wet lol

epo
23-06-04, 08:14 PM
ive never had ago in a rear wheel drive before bet its a right laugh

(except a sprinter van :lol: )

Col_Mk1
23-06-04, 08:30 PM
i had a go in my mate bm 1s fuking scarey in wet :o