PDA

View Full Version : Alarm

NikosNova
18-06-04, 04:08 PM
Can anyone reccommend an alarm for me to get, not a cat1 as i cant afford one lol, but one thats gonna go off when some bastard breaks in lol. need it to link up to my central lockin

cheers

david dixon
18-06-04, 04:11 PM
You can usualy get a decent cobra alarm for about ?110 fitted.

Adam
18-06-04, 07:26 PM
Microscan do decent alarms, central locking and the linking modules.
www.demon-tweeks.com
sell them.

Mel
18-06-04, 07:54 PM
i would have to recommend that you get a cat1 or even cat2 alarm.

you pay for what you get..so more u pay, the better security you will have. most cheap alarms dont have interior sensors (that go off if glass is broken etc), but cat1 and 2 do. (i fink lol)

IMO its worth spending the extra, say ?50, for a better alarm to know that my car is safer. well thats what i reakon anyway :oops: :lol:

but failing that..microscan

Jack
18-06-04, 08:33 PM
You can get microscan ones with ultra sonic sensors (detect air movement, so not good for convertibles or cars with draughty air vents) for about ?87; or dual zone microwave (detects movement near the car which triggers a warning beep, and also within the car which sets off the full alarm). Watch out for microscan wiring diagrams tho, the one i had was horrendous.

Also might be worth getting one with a battery back up, so if they manage to disconnect your power supply you're still protected.

As Mel said, Cat 1/2 would be best but be prepared to pay for it, especially if you get it professionally installed (you're looking at ?200+ for pro thatcham alarm & install), but you will save cash on your insurance.

Mel
18-06-04, 08:42 PM
i paid ?276 for my cobra (fully fitted) alarm, well worth it i say. its loud, reliable, got all the extra bits with it too. well happy with it.

when i rang my ins company up tho, and said i'd got the t1 alarm they said "dont make any difference on ur premium". might be cause its only a 1.2..but i prefer the peace of mind rather than anything else..

NikosNova, if i was you, i'd look about to see what best suits you.