PDA

View Full Version : Fair?

Anonymous
05-08-01, 10:22 PM
I'm gonna go and look at a k reg 1.2i nova tomorrow and I was just wondering whether it was worth the price. The spec goes like this:

-60mm on pi springs
alloys
electric windows
remote central locking
alarm

?1295

Would this be a fair price :-/
I know that I would need to get some shocks because you can't use -60 with standard ones and he doesn't know what alloys they are and I wanna replace them for 17's anyway ;) but is this any good? I'll be going on condtition but may be tempted by the k on the plate!

Help I need to know if this is a good price if it is pretty much rust free!

cheers in advance everyone

andrew

:D Breaking: 1.3sr everything available mail me at a_valvona@hotmail.com :D

Anonymous
05-08-01, 11:02 PM
I'd say it's down to the alloys really....if they're ?40 Vauxhall 14"'s, I'd say it sounds steep, but if they're a nice after-market set of 15's are bigger, then that accounts for 2 or 300 of the value, in which case, it's more reasonable.

Have a look on Parker's Price Guide: http://www.parkers.co.uk/ and you'll see that the most for a A1 condition 1.2i, on a K-reg, is ?1095, and that's for a 1.2i SXi 3-door.

For a lower model, like a 1.2i Trip, they're only worth ?860 in A1 condition but a Luxe Plus 5-door 1.2i is worth ?1195

Allowing for the mods you list above, the price of ?1295 seams about right, but it must be in A1 condition for that!

See Parker's web-site for full details.

Here's the definition of A1 condition:

[quote]A1 First Class Condition
The dealer showroom value of a car in first class condition which has done approximately 10,000 miles per annum.

There should be a full service history and the interior must be clean and free from tears and marks. The bodywork must be near perfect with no dents and everything should be in good working order. Normal wear and tear according to the age of the car is acceptable, but tyres, battery, silencer and brake linings should not need replacing for another 5,000 miles. [/quote

Hope that helps mate ;)

Anonymous
06-08-01, 09:23 AM
yeah cheers mate I wanna try to knock him down to ?1200 at least then. I'll let you know how I get on!
Thanks Again
Andrew

:D Breaking: 1.3sr everything available mail me at a_valvona@hotmail.com :D