PDA

View Full Version : "X" is mapped

novax
17-06-04, 10:00 PM
I get "X" back tomorrow... It's been at Mech repairs in Cheltenham being mapped. It drove really well on the map we had but it was still miles out, they say. I'm not really suprised, LOL. So it should drive REALLY well now. It's been on their RR but no idea what the results were, not to bothered either - but still want to know :D

dan_mk1
18-06-04, 12:54 AM
be interested to see the bhp, torque figues mate...keep us posted!

novax
22-06-04, 07:42 AM
137BHP @ 6400
111 Lb/ft right across the range

Doesn't sound as much as some people were thinking but I'm happy, it's only a number. The car drives so well and just keeps pulling all the way to 7500rpm. It is said that Mech repairs rollers under-read but until we fit something other than the standard cams I'm more than happy.

ollster
22-06-04, 09:04 AM
Are those figures at the wheels, because if they are at the fly then they do sound a tad low. I would hope for over 140bhp at the fly and about 115lb/ft of torque from a standard engine with just throttles rod bolts and a sbd manifold. Out of interest do you know the power loss through the gearbox??

You say that it drives well though and thats all that matters really, i had a look at your car at the pv show and was very impressed. Cant wait to get mine done, roll on pv next year :D

Will F
22-06-04, 09:48 AM
Sorry to hear that matey.

Does seem a low reading, if that is from the fly.
Ah well, as long as you are happy.

novax
22-06-04, 09:07 PM
Well like I said Mech repairs do seem to read low, from friends experiences of having his Astra roaded all over the place. Mind you it does keep pulling all the way til the digidash rev counter starts flashing :D 7500rpm. I built the car for driving down the lanes (as well as showing) and whatever the final figure turns out to be I'm still very pleased with the results. Afterall I can do 120mph on the Autobahns if all I wanted was straight lines, in the Passat, LOL.

I am assuming these figures are at the fly.