PDA

View Full Version : valver questions please help

madcodling
17-06-04, 08:44 PM
right i hope a few people can help me im about to start my 2.0 16v conversion and i need to get a few things sorted first its my first conversion my questions may strike you as a bit dumb but please bare with me.

1.right i bought my engine, but without loom and ecu so i bought these seperatly, i recieved my loom thats all good but the ecu is silver and in a metal casing. The thing is i believed the ecu was a black casing saying bosch or siemens on it like in the gte nova or am i getting my wires crossed . if so what is the black casing.

2. To make things easier on my conversion i bought a digi dash which i believed would hook up straight away to my loom BUT on receiving my loom there were no jack points for the digi dash. i believe there may be an altanate smaller loom for this i may be wrong if so what is this called.

please help and be leaniant i know i may be a bit slow but ive learnt all that i know by trial and error and asking questions no mechanic class or nothing so i spose i aint doin too bad can anyone help.?????????????

thankyou.......... :D

rodgerq
17-06-04, 09:29 PM
hi mate. the digi dash is a totally different part of the loom from the engine loom. on vauxhall cars there are two parts to the loom.

1. engine/ecu loom - this is the part that attaches to the engine, all the plugs and sensors on the engine are on this part of the loom, along with the ecu.

2. the car loom. this is the part that goes to all the lights, switches etc inside the car, and the dash to. if you arent confident with wirinf then i'd leave the digidash alone as it needs new plugs soldered onto the loom behind the dash.

ok it sounds like you have the correct ecu as it is silver. should have a code on a black sticker on it aswell. 3 rows of pins on the connector.

i have posted the wiring info on the other post for you to see.

hth

rodgerq