PDA

View Full Version : n/s/f wheel doest move with the other one???

NOVA'S_RULE!
17-06-04, 04:07 PM
Hi ppl

i was on my front garden the other day and i had a plastic sheet underneath the car, so i soaked it in water and washing up liquid and i thought i wud av a piss about and wheelspin it, when i was doin it i looked out of the car to my front right wheel and it wasnt moving, but the other one was, i know that the wheel bearing hasnt gone and that the brakes are fine because the whell moves perfectly.

sum1 sed it could be a driveshaft and could cost me a few hundred ? to get it fixed!!

Cheers
Andy

Stuart
17-06-04, 04:19 PM
LMFAO

thats running fine.

although dont go admitting that you do things like that to us again lol

MC
18-06-04, 09:10 AM
The idea of a differential, is that both wheels can turn independently to make cornering easier. The downside is that in low grip situations, all the power will travel through the route of less resistance and the wheel with least grip will spin. Its perfectly normal, and is why people fit limited slip differentials. They lock the diff up and turn both wheels together, giving better traction.

As much as I agree with Cambridge about not admitting that you do that sort of thing, I'd be more embarrassed to be the complete numb t*t that said your shaft was broken! :lol:

MC

NOVA'S_RULE!
21-06-04, 11:55 PM
thanks for that i was well worried bout it.

i told my m8 taht he knows f**k all bout cars and he just sed

"yeh so, it could of been" lol

cheers
Andy