PDA

View Full Version : remote start

gary_1.2Merit
16-06-04, 07:48 PM
ive seen loadza alarm systems on ebay n some of them have a remote start function. ie start de car b4 u get in. i woz jus wonderin how would that work as de key as to be on pos II for the engine to run an pos III for the starter?

madcodling
16-06-04, 09:17 PM
i believe the wiring on the alarm enables the car to be turned on via the alarm fob it electrically puts the ignition on it is mainly supposed to be used to warm the car up before you get in but im not too sure if they have a fail safe system on them i.e if the revs go up over a certain setting the car turns off i believe the same goes for the brake lights.

epo
16-06-04, 09:55 PM
when i used to wire up ambulances and emergency cars some of them required the engine to run with the keys out yet as soon as the handbrake was released it wud cut out

thats an option 4 u ne way

burgo
16-06-04, 10:53 PM
a word of warnin if ur gonna get one insurance companies dont like alarm systems wth remote start so they dont give ya the discount for havin an alarm

Chris
16-06-04, 11:22 PM
when i used to wire up ambulances and emergency cars some of them required the engine to run with the keys out yet as soon as the handbrake was released it wud cut out

thats the same way that turbo timers work lee

Ste_Nova
17-06-04, 09:26 AM
my car only starts on the remote... no keys see :lol:

Matt Nova
17-06-04, 12:41 PM
Yeh and if you leave it in gear then its crunch time :lol:

Alex
17-06-04, 12:46 PM
I dont see the whole problem about people leaving it in gear. I have NEVER left my car in gear when i have parked it so it is not a problem when i remote start my car.

(im a proper ponce though as i remote unlock and remote pop open my doors lol)

Matt Nova
17-06-04, 12:48 PM
I read it in Max Power that a bloke left it in gear and his car went forward and damaged his front.

Ste_Nova
17-06-04, 01:21 PM
I read it in Max Power that a bloke left it in gear and his car went forward and damaged his front.

well thats lax flowers for you.. i can't belive peeps still read that shit

just add a switch that means the car won't start unless it's out of gear... and hand brake on

Stuart
17-06-04, 01:25 PM
yeah a simple switch that is activated when in neutral. OR for simplicity just piggyback off the handbrake.

but if you know your going to remote start. you will always take it out of gear anyway.

oh and ignition barrel, who needs one of those??! :D

dunova
17-06-04, 01:51 PM
Is there any way you can fit a remote start without putting in a whole new alarm? I have a laserline cat1 alarm immobiliser, remote central locking and the windows are wired up to close when i lock it-anyway i can fit a remote start?

General Baxter
17-06-04, 05:49 PM
my m8's having one fitted to him bmw m3 its costing ?600 just to fit it, and its booked in for 3 days

even shuts the soft top

epo
17-06-04, 06:37 PM

thats the same way that turbo timers work lee

unfortunatly have never owned a turbo i didnt know that mate
(i want a turbo)

Adam
17-06-04, 07:36 PM
I dont see the whole problem about people leaving it in gear. I have NEVER left my car in gear when i have parked it so it is not a problem when i remote start my car.

(im a proper ponce though as i remote unlock and remote pop open my doors lol)

Most people i know leave it in gear with the handbrake on, just in case the handbrake cables feel like snapping. Especially if you have a steep sloped drive.

Matt Nova
17-06-04, 08:32 PM

well thats lax flowers for you.. i can't belive peeps still read that s**t

just add a switch that means the car won't start unless it's out of gear... and hand brake on

Yeh well I enjoy reading it, I enjoy cars of any shape of form of modifying. Why do you think its sh*t?
Theres alot of people who wouldn't be on the scene today if it weren't for max power and fast and furious etc

madcodling
17-06-04, 08:45 PM
True True

epo
18-06-04, 07:15 PM
pmsl lad at our work left the van in gear and was stood on the rear wheel messin about with the ladders on the roof i started the van not checkin the gears and he flew forward :lol: :lol:
i didnt like him ne way he was a wanker :lol:

Aragorn
19-06-04, 05:15 PM
there is no reason at all to leave a vehicle in gear unless your parked somewhere when the brakes failing could prove disasterous - ie a sloped drive

just down the road from me there was a bloke with a orion that used to park on a bit of pavement and leave it in gear for no reason - his car had some kinda electrical fault and went on fire... the fire melted the starter wires together and the car started moving up the path on the starter

mustve moved about 20feet if not more before fire brigade got here

seeing a fireball moving up the path isnt a good sight