PDA

View Full Version : K&N Bolt-on/small pipe???

H@!
16-06-04, 09:49 AM
I have just been given a K&N bolt-on 4 my SR 1.4. Also a Breather filter 4 my crankcase pipe, but what is the small pipe that comes out of the bottom of the carb that sucks air in and what does it do?. At the moment I have removed the small plastic plug from the standard filter and stuck it on, but dose this effect the performance in any way?

robb
16-06-04, 03:47 PM
Just another breather for the carb.

I left mine off and had no problems, in fact I didn't even have a crankcase breather filter! Just some rag and a ziptie.

Snowface
16-06-04, 09:05 PM
the small pipe goes to the crank-case breather. Basicall it re-cycles oily air into the engine. So u may aswell disconnect it.

Just leave it pointing downwards.

robb
17-06-04, 08:47 AM
I think H@! means the very small pipe, like strimmer wire stuff that goes from carb to original air filter.

I have just been given a K&N bolt-on 4 my SR 1.4. Also a Breather filter 4 my crankcase pipe

Like I said it will be a vacuum pipe of some sort. I left mine off and had no troubles (pierburg 2E carb).

Aragorn
18-06-04, 12:02 AM
you can leave it off but u must seal the hole on the carb

robb
18-06-04, 09:09 AM
What does it do Aragorn?

Also what would cause kangaroo type movement (under slow acclelleration) on a Varajet II carb (cav MK1 1.8 8v)?

Cheers

nova_rally
18-06-04, 05:50 PM
You MUST block this pipe up, letting it suck air will cause poor running.

Alan

Snowface
18-06-04, 06:34 PM
what pipe you on a bout that causes poor running? and what does it do?

U say it goes from carb to air filter? Why?

On the crankcase breather on my 1.2 block it had a large pipe (15mm diameter) going to air filter and another smalller pipe (5mm diameter) going to the air filter aswell i think.

On the 1.3 block i got it only had the 1 larger pipe. I'm using the breather with 2 pipes from the 1.2 on the 1.3.

srs1
18-06-04, 08:33 PM
yes, you have to block the pipe off.
it will fail on the emmisions on the mot if you dont, mine did.
the simplist way is to put a small screw into it.

Snowface
28-06-04, 06:50 PM
again sorry, which small pipe? the one coming off the crankcase breather?

Nova Rally and srs1, are you talking about the same pipe?