PDA

View Full Version : help!! engine dont turn off

NoVa_KhAn
15-06-04, 05:48 PM
for last 2 days my car has been playin up wen its started i turn it off and it just jumps n dont turn off it goes mad lol

i have 2 put in gear and stall it 2 turn off.

i think its timing but i aint 2 clever with engines

anyone shed sum light?

NikosNova
15-06-04, 06:12 PM
im having a similar problem, not qwuite as bad, but when i turn engine off it sounds as if it starts back up for a few seconds then turns off lol

my dad said its the timing but he aint an expert.

NoVa_KhAn
15-06-04, 06:32 PM
lol i feel like a tw*t tryin 2 turn my car off all the time

Adam
15-06-04, 06:34 PM
The running after you turn the car off is timing related, i think the timing is too advanced. It is deffo timing.

As for Nova Kahn if your car won't turn off then it could be something to do with the ignition switch, but i have seen this problem before and it was something to do with the alternator.

NoVa_KhAn
15-06-04, 06:42 PM
it tries 2 turn off sumtimes its only for a couple of seconds and sumtimes it takes ages its blady wired

cheers 4 any help

Adam
15-06-04, 06:51 PM
Check your wiring to the ignition barrel, probably something has come loose or shorted.

NoVa_KhAn
15-06-04, 06:53 PM
ok mate ill have a look in a bit thanks 4 ya help

sm1thson
15-06-04, 08:53 PM
my friends cav used to do it he claimed it was b/c his head was so carbonated, so it ran like a diesel when he turned it off.

burgo
15-06-04, 09:01 PM
smithson hat is indeed a possabilty if there is carbon on the cylinder or on the head that can get hot enough then this will keep ignitin the fuel so therefore will keep runnin try puttin a tank full of optimax in it to clear ya car out and thrash it abit they love a gd blast to clear them out