PDA

View Full Version : engine smoking HELP

dan-hipgrave
15-06-04, 04:53 PM
My car hadn't been started for about 3 weeks cos ive been buasy and on holiday etc. so today i started it and it started first time as usual no probs, then after a while i noticed white smoke coming from what seemed to be the exhaust manifold but could have been below it, and also from the air filter. I checked the oil level on the dipstick and it was below the minimum line but when it was last checked a few weeks ago it was at maximum and it doesnt leak oil cos there are no oil stains on the driveway.
So, why is it smoking, i figured it was due to the low oil level, but then where has the oil gone???
Any help greatly appreciated guys

Adam
15-06-04, 06:38 PM
Around the manifold could just be damp evaporating as the engine warms up, as damp could have formed on the engine because it ain't been run.
Just drive it and get the engine running at normal temperature and see if the "smoking" stops, if it does then that was your problem.

dan-hipgrave
15-06-04, 07:13 PM
cheers for your help mate. I have taken the air filter off and found that the oil seemed to be coming up the breather pipe and that cuased the smoking from the airfilter - dunno why it would do this would it be from not being run for a while?