PDA

View Full Version : Removeable slam pannel

Phil GTE
15-06-04, 12:55 PM
So how do the the turbo boys do it?

I can see how you cut them off :roll:

But then what happens? how do you fix them back on? Looking at the pictures I cannot see any mounting points.......

c'mon, help me out. I have a grinding discs doing nothing!

Ste_Nova
15-06-04, 01:39 PM
why do you want to make it removable?

Phil GTE
15-06-04, 02:33 PM
Because of the engine plan I have in mind a removable item would an advantage ? the same reason as Rick Draper.

Also, mine is starting rust, but only in the middle, around the bonnet catch. So cutting the middle section out and replacing with a new panel is looming. So I want to know how difficult a removable item is to set up. How do Rick and Dan attach theirs?

Plus it?s still a relatively rare mod to see.

Rick Draper
15-06-04, 02:54 PM
Because of the engine plan I have in mind a removable item would an advantage ? the same reason as Rick Draper.

Also, mine is starting rust, but only in the middle, around the bonnet catch. So cutting the middle section out and replacing with a new panel is looming. So I want to know how difficult a removable item is to set up. How do Rick and Dan attach theirs?

Plus it?s still a relatively rare mod to see.

Mine has only been done as i have no other way of fitting the manifold and turbo with the slam panel in place.

I am just gonna bolt mine in place like brett i think where you just use 4*10 mm bolts (2 either side) and bolt the center section back in place ( you need 2 slam panels to make one removable one) Also you need some form of center support or the bonnet shakes reet bad. Rick

joff-turbo-nova
15-06-04, 09:36 PM
You will note a ridge either side of the slam panel about 3 inches in from the wings.

Cut the panel after the ridges - get a new slam panel and cut this so it finishes just after the ridges - place on top of the existing panel - mark up and bolt in place.

Job sorted

Joff (who also runs a 2.0 LET)