PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

Adam
14-06-04, 11:23 PM
Basically i have two options:-
I have around ?700 to spend.
1/Buy a Nova around ?700 that is already lowered,with alloys etc. Already looking decent.If i can find one.OR
2/Buy a Nova for about ?150 with a good engine and body,with long tax and test, and then have ?550 to spend on lowering/alloys and the rest. That looks entirely standard and then mod it myself. Because i have the choice of what to do and make it look exactly how i want. And there are loads of Novas hanging about for cheap. And you get the satisfaction that you have done the work yourself.

What do you reckon :?:
Thanks guys

MechaT
14-06-04, 11:28 PM
Dunno bout where you live but I can't get a worthwhile one for 150 down South where I live. If you're lucky you could get a sweet modded one for around 700.

_JH_
14-06-04, 11:35 PM
if you want it to last, find the best condition shell you can regardless of its modifications, then go from there

Mel
14-06-04, 11:38 PM
well personally, i love doin all mods myself..u get a great satisfaction out of all the work/effort thats gone into it.

on the other hand..i cant always be bothered goin out there and starting from scratch, so am glad i have a nova that's already half there with how i want it looking.

depends whether you have the to be assed factor/money factor to give u a good shot at having your "perfect" nova.

but, i would agree with Derek. get a brill condition shell and start from there.

Adam
14-06-04, 11:41 PM
I have been looking for a modded one for around ?700, but there never is any for sale.
I have seen a decent condition 1.2 MK1 for sale at ?200ono with tax and test.
But as Mel said, i don't really think i could be arsed with it all, even though i would like to.
Anyone know a decent modded example for around ?700, let me know. Looking for something like a GTE replica, either 1.2/1.3SR due to insurance for first car. In the style of Elseys car that he sold, but obviously not up to that standard.

epo
15-06-04, 07:28 PM
get the one with the allys and lowered as long as u like the wheels it saves u a job

Adam
15-06-04, 07:52 PM
Yeah thats what i am thinking Epo, because getting a car already lowered and with alloys saves the cost for alloys and lowering, and gets rid of the "can't be arsed" factor.
So i am now on the look out for probably a MK1, alloys and lowered. And then wack on some GTE bumpers and GTE skirts, and then i am sorted.
So if anyone has a MK1 with alloys/lowered for sale let me know. If anyone has a GTE replica like what Elseys looked like(but obviously not as good), LET ME KNOW. Also interested in MK2's.
I have cash waiting.
And should be driving as soon as i pass me test, 29th June.
Looking forward to PV show next year. :D
Thanks everyone. :D

dan_mk1
15-06-04, 08:29 PM
buy mine, will chuck in a lowering kit

http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=94661

namkeaps
15-06-04, 09:20 PM
perfect example there mate!!

nice lookin car btw!!

dan_mk1
15-06-04, 09:21 PM
buy it then! lol :lol:

epo
15-06-04, 09:38 PM
for sum reason dan i never realised it was a 1.2 i thought it was a gte

dan_mk1
15-06-04, 09:43 PM
you smoke too much mate, lol

Adam
15-06-04, 11:43 PM
buy mine, will chuck in a lowering kit

http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=94661

Has it got any tax and test, and wheres about are you. I can't really travel very far.

dan_mk1
15-06-04, 11:54 PM
croydon mate....too far?

Adam
16-06-04, 12:06 AM
S**t me, yeh that is deffo too far, around 250miles, i am in stoke-on-trent.
Sorry mate.

Riggy
16-06-04, 01:46 AM
bloody hell dan has the price gone down on that

your gettin me interested on it lol and im not after another one

long live the nova if its only 250 mile i would be considerin it as you will not find one like that reallisticly(sp)

get a train down there or somethin

carl

dan_mk1
16-06-04, 11:26 AM
lol, cheers mate, still no offers :cry: ....keep getting chavs mess me around

Dpnova
16-06-04, 11:30 AM
I have to say, dans nova is mint, i couldnt belive how clean it was when i saw it

benji
16-06-04, 05:15 PM
there is a SRI for sale in cromford near matlock (about 50 miles from you), for ?300. pm steve-o he's from that neck of the woods and might know abit more about it

Adam
16-06-04, 06:46 PM
Now i don't really have the option to travel as the clutch cable on me dads car has just snapped, and so train is my only option. But i only have a provisional and i'm not insured, and don't fancy an illegal 250mile trip home.
It is a very nice clean car, like what i am after, but it needs to be close enough to where i live. I am suprised Dan still has the car.
So the search is still on :D