PDA

View Full Version : Le Mans 24hr race....

dan-hipgrave
14-06-04, 06:37 PM
Do any of you guys on here go? ive just got back from my 4th year there and it was great...saw a lot of great cars - 2 Enzo's, 2 F40's, Murcielago's etc etc :D Got pulled over by the french police on the way back for doing 124km/h in a 90km/h limit - we were in a queue of traffic at the time approaching a roundabout and all of the cars pulled over were british - all the french drivers got waved on. Bent french coppers!! :evil:

DUNOVA.
14-06-04, 07:49 PM
I went in 2001 what an experiance :!: loved it and love to go again

Just seeing all the cars roar down Mulsan kink into Mulsan corner at 16:00 on saturday is something else :D

Where was you watching from

dan-hipgrave
14-06-04, 07:57 PM
2001 was my first year as well and ive been every year since - like you said love it :D i watch from mainly around the dunlop bridge area but go anywhere i can get to - i watched parts of this years race from arnage, porsche curves, start/finish line, start of mulsanne and end of mulsanne.
Night racing is my favorite though - seeing the brake disks glowing red hot and seeing the exhausts flaming 8)

TWAG
14-06-04, 11:27 PM
Ive been going almost every year since i was about 4 yrs old (im now 18 ) missed a couple due to exams etc.

Didnt manage to get there this year, parents didnt go and lack of interest from mates :roll:

Guna be there next year though! always a great week, with loads of things on!

djp_y2k
15-06-04, 06:33 PM
was there this year. alot of nice cars there as usual.

dan-hipgrave
15-06-04, 07:16 PM
whereabouts was you camped mate? I am always with the airtrack site which this year was in the karting place.
Yeh there was a lot of great cars around including an old granada estate that had been done up in the Dome-Judd black and white style with about 4 england flags flying from it :lol:

DUNOVA.
16-06-04, 09:03 AM
http://img31.photobucket.com/albums/v93/dunova/lemanimg.bmp

I camped where the white circles were rite on the golf course.

I remember when I went about 8-9 o'clock it started to piss down with rain and still watched alnite :o

djp_y2k
16-06-04, 11:51 AM
was camped in the carte blanc camp site. just over the road from the airport