PDA

View Full Version : Dellorto or dcoe?

dunova
14-06-04, 12:00 PM
Does anyone know the difference? As far as i'm aware dcoe's are better but are dellorto's pretty much as good?

MC
14-06-04, 12:45 PM
Dellorto's are slightly better, with more progressive tuning, whereas Weber's are easier to come by, and parts availability is excellnt.

MC

dunova
14-06-04, 01:02 PM
So dellorto's are more easily tuneable and will give slighlty better bhp?! I saw a pair of dellorto's for ?150 but didn't get them because i thought weber dcoe's were better. Are they quite similar/the same on fuel consumption?

MC
14-06-04, 01:30 PM
I didn't say they would give more bhp.

To look simplisticly, a weber has three basic fuelling steps, idle, mid and full throttle, whereas a dellorto would have 5 steps. So in theory a smoother response. They will not be easier to tune.

I'd recommend Weber.

MC

dunova
14-06-04, 01:44 PM
Sweet. cheers mate

benji
14-06-04, 06:32 PM
but if you can get a cheap set of dell'orto's then get them

S_Gault
14-06-04, 10:11 PM
MC- what do you mean about 3 main bits to a weber.. yea there are 3 main cicuits but its much more complex than that, for a start the number and position of the progreesion holes,

HAving worked for weber for 5 years Ive often found that most are setup up totally wrongly .

But saying that I like dellortos too, they give a finer atomisation.

At a last point Id say, use th ones that your local rolling road is most familiar with as whichever you choose they must be calibrated correctly

You wouldnt buy a TV without tuning it in?

Steven

CP
15-06-04, 11:39 PM
If you get chance to buy either at that money assuming the spindles arent bent or they havent been rally abused/dropped etc they are worth buying as they hold their value. Generally going rate is on average 200 squids.

If you are worried about fuel consumption dont bother with either cos the minute you activate the main jets ........ :lol:

From personal experience i wouldnt bother with them unless the rest of the engine has had the air flow improved - they are relatively dis appointing on std engine although they do sound nice

Jim
16-06-04, 09:16 PM
MC- what do you mean about 3 main bits to a weber.. yea there are 3 main cicuits but its much more complex than that, for a start the number and position of the progreesion holes,

MC did say "To look simplisticly"

Jim

S_Gault
16-06-04, 10:28 PM
my point being that so is the dellorot, seeing as they were copied from each other!

Steven