PDA

View Full Version : Some WIP pics of my nova

Rick Draper
12-06-04, 09:34 PM
Been busy working on the nova doing bits when i can and its taking shape at last, taken all the interior and dash out this afternoon to fit new wires for the fuel pump and also start on the fitting of my corsa PAS column.

Got the column in place but i need some alloy block made up as it sits higher than the standard nova rack meaning that the cowling will not fit. Shud fit ok when its dropped the extra half inch the blocks will drop it as at the moment it sits to close to the bulkhead.

Going to lay all the fuel lines tomorrow and refit the fuel guard for my clifford alarm then finish off sorting out all the **** wiring that is behind the dash from both the digi dash swop and fitting variouse boost gauges.

Sorted out a car trailor as well so i can get it down to JP exhausts in macc to the the manifold sorted for the external wastegate and a downpipe fabricated.

Here are some pics:

Nice and low
http://uploader.co.uk/images/cimg0091.jpg

Engine
http://uploader.co.uk/images/cimg0099.jpg

Loads of wires
http://uploader.co.uk/images/cimg0102.jpg

You can see the PAS column in this pic
http://uploader.co.uk/images/3fb59a49ff39f43228ea3658e78bc873.jpg

Rick

Al Wilson
12-06-04, 09:37 PM
Interior looks familiar. Oh god Im coming out in cold sweats....

Rach
12-06-04, 09:39 PM
looking good fella

:P

( lol @ al... )

scott.parker
12-06-04, 09:49 PM
Oh my god rick you still have a lot left to do then i see!
so when do you think it will be ready?

And just asking why choose power assisted steering? As i like to feel the road when i drive,and with pas i feel as if it is too light and none responsive,just my view on pas.

lol at Al,bet you dont like the sight of anything like that now.

and rach,camb was on about ppl saying stuf like that,lol it dont look good there,but it will :D

scott

Stuart
12-06-04, 09:51 PM
looking shitte

Al Wilson
12-06-04, 09:52 PM
Never doing it again! Although having said that I was thinking what to remove next.

Rach
12-06-04, 09:54 PM
and rach,camb was on about ppl saying stuf like that,lol it dont look good there,but it will :D

scott

i know, i thought that when i was writing it...

i was kinda using my imagination. i think it looks good in the first picture if you imagine the wings back on etc...

epo
12-06-04, 09:59 PM
thats gunna be awsome when done

lookin 4 ward to seein it in the flesh if u show it when its done

Rick Draper
12-06-04, 10:01 PM
Oh my god rick you still have a lot left to do then i see!
so when do you think it will be ready?

And just asking why choose power assisted steering? As i like to feel the road when i drive,and with pas i feel as if it is too light and none responsive,just my view on pas.

lol at Al,bet you dont like the sight of anything like that now.

scott

Went for PAS as its got a quick rack, a shedload of weight over the front wheels and 17's. The ECU for the PAS has a adjustable potentiometer so i can set the feel how i want it :lol:

Not that much to do now, most of the grafting is done now, just shit jobs left to do now like prepping and spraying the inner arches and sorting the manifold of which neither are been done by me!

All i have left to do is finish fitting the column, fit all the brake lines, finish the fuel lines off, and pipe it in. 1 weeks work from me at most doing little bits when i can be arsed 8) . Rick

dan_mk1
13-06-04, 02:34 AM
"looking good" lol

cooper_nova
13-06-04, 02:41 AM
nice one rick,shud look the bolloxs once done! 8)
keep up the good work

NovaNeil
13-06-04, 10:23 AM
cool! 8)

Check out the brake disc behind the front wheel!!! Fack me thats big! :twisted:

Neil

burgo
13-06-04, 12:02 PM
that exhaust manifold is gorgous where did u get it made as im gonna want some for me v6

david dixon
13-06-04, 12:10 PM
Now thats what I'm talking about, Look at that turbo thats mint. Where did you get the manifold mate?

Nice colour, nice turbo. Well done son! :D

broody
13-06-04, 12:56 PM
as far as i can remember the manifold came from USA and had to have a addapting plate made up aswell.

Looks good tho.

dan16v
13-06-04, 01:02 PM
manifolds are from uk m8 theres a massive back log for them ! ive been waiting 4weeks for myne!

looks good Rick! keep it up!

krobinson
13-06-04, 03:42 PM
Looking good rick!

I take it you'll be running the 15's for quater mile's and 17's for show?

Keith

beatin u
13-06-04, 08:55 PM
why didn't you use the first manifold you got ?? (like the one rds uses)

Rick Draper
13-06-04, 08:58 PM
Looking good rick!

Keith

Nope 17's all the time. In those pics the front disks have no caliper on as there is no room for it :lol: Rick

krobinson
13-06-04, 09:16 PM
Looking good rick!

Keith

Nope 17's all the time. In those pics the front disks have no caliper on as there is no room for it :lol: Rick

lol.. I notices that!!

I'm thinking about selling my V6 setup and going for 310mm wilwood setup! Never need it, but looks the tits :D

Keith