PDA

View Full Version : fitting 4 branch problems

johnny27
12-06-04, 08:23 PM
Bought a 4 branch from someone on ebay (don't know what make it is,) he said it came off a 1.4 sr. Trying to fit it to my tuned 1.2, problem is that the down pipe on the manifold after where it branches into one is not long enough to reach my gte exhaust system. Anyone ever experienced this? Cheers

benji
13-06-04, 12:14 AM
it might be a 4-1 for a nova with a cat

Funkdocta
13-06-04, 08:42 AM
Na, same happened to me. All the 4-1 mani's are made to be sold with a hi flow system that will fit straight on. I bought one for my GTE and it wouldn't reach my Magnex system and stuck out to one side too far. My standard manifold was dead (bolt studs snapped off in it) so I thought instead of trying to fix that i'd have a go at the 4-1.

I cut the end off with a grinder (leaving about 3 inches), found another piece of zorst section that I cut up, it was a bigger bore zorst so the 2 pieces of the 4-1 slot quite well into each end then the rest was trial and error, I tacked the bits together with a spot weld and lined it up on the car, was miles out to start with - kept doing this until it was ok.

The thing is if it's a slight degree out it makes a big difference at the back of the car. So u need to get it right b4 u fully weld together and fit on to ya car. It was a mish but I think it was definatly worth it, not only performance wise but the sound is also nicer and racier.

Hope this helps mate.
Good luck

johnny27
13-06-04, 09:28 AM
Cheers mate, thats really helpful, i was begining to think the 4-1 was'nt even for novas. Many thanks.

Aragorn
13-06-04, 07:49 PM
naa your problem is 1.4sr and gte systems are different

johnny27
13-06-04, 09:59 PM
are you sure? Cause my gte system looks same as SR, twin down pipes, mountings are in the same place for the downpipe to exhaust since theres no where else to mount

-Bruce-
13-06-04, 10:24 PM
yeh the gte and sr systems are diferent!! also found out hard way last week!!

bruce

MC
14-06-04, 09:00 AM
YEah, they might be different, but I guarantee whatever system you try to fit a 4-branch to, it won't fit. Cheeky buggers know that more people will by the full system and manifold that way.

MC

Will
14-06-04, 10:33 AM
when i purchase mine ill make it fit :D

Ste_Nova
14-06-04, 10:47 AM
my 4 branch will revive a standard system....

benji
14-06-04, 06:08 PM
get a ashley one, they fit to standard systems

MechaT
14-06-04, 10:38 PM
YEah, they might be different, but I guarantee whatever system you try to fit a 4-branch to, it won't fit. Cheeky buggers know that more people will by the full system and manifold that way.

MC

Mine fits. Dunno what make it is tho. :?