PDA

View Full Version : bloody hell! Vaux dealer prices!

Anonymous
29-07-01, 01:26 AM
I popped in to my local Vauxhall dealers today to get a pair of door hinge pins, and a new centre cap for one of my alloys.

Anyway, I picked up a "Car Range Accessories" catalogue, and the prices in there are mental :O

Right....for example, say you have a Corsa (not the newest model), and you want Vauxhall's sports shock absorber kit...it's blinking ?437!!!! and the spring kit is ?299!!! You can buy those together as a kit, for the "bargain" price of ONLY ?549!!!

Is anyone stupid enough to pay those prices for a bloody suspension kit, and are they any good? They'd have to be extremely good to justify those prices. They do include fitting though, be even so....that's still ridiculous!

How about some aluminium foot pedals......?97 :O
Want a pair of side skirts for a Corsa? Hand over ?394 and you can have 'em! ....?394! (again..includes fitting, but bloody hell..still ridiculous!)

By the way....my centre cap, which looks like this:
http://www.novabug.co.uk/centrecap.jpg
is ?8.51 plus VAT :O

***MKII SR and GSi brochure scans now on www.novabug.co.uk ***!

Anonymous
29-07-01, 09:04 AM
the police vectras use irms susp. and that is well expensive ?150 for one strut no spring!! but u got to think it is sort of o.e equiptment but up rated stuff.

*!!i h8 speed cameras!!*

Anonymous
31-07-01, 09:28 AM
The prices they charge are ridiculous!!! for that price you could get some mint coilovers or something!!!!!

I got quoted ?300 for an irmscher backbox for my car(not sure what car it was meant for!!) It was just a back box aswell!!!!!!!! plus they said that there are no claimed powergains from it either!!!!

Nice car, what's the retail on one of those?
More than you can afford pal....Ferrari!

smoke him!

Anonymous
31-07-01, 05:10 PM
It's crazy crazy crazy....ni mind....at least we've got the sence not to buy from 'em :D

***MKII SR and GSi brochure scans now on www.novabug.co.uk ***!