PDA

View Full Version : Clattering noise in Dizzy cap !

Nick
11-06-04, 05:18 PM
When the engine is idleing if you put your ear close to the Dizzy Cap then all you can hear is a very rough and irregular sounding Clatter/Clicking sound.

As the engine is revved the clattering/clicking gets faster and louder.

I presume it's time for a new Dizzy , but i'm short of cash n don't wanna rush 2 conclusions !

The car isn't perfroming too great at the moment and it's over fueling allot, just wonder if it's related to this !?

Adam
11-06-04, 08:11 PM
Perhaps the rotor arm has bent and is clicking against summit, if the rotor arm was bent then that would also cause running probs.
So it could cure everything with a new or second hand dizzy.
Get one from a scrappy.

mowgli
12-06-04, 10:47 AM
I am guessing that the dizzy cap is black.....
If so, the funny noise is the balance weights wearing very thin. what usually happens is they fly out snapping the cap in two at a very embarrassing location, ie. motorway sliproad. the rough running can be caused by this, but the advance/retard mechanism also can fail. get a recon one.

one from a scrappy will be just as bad as your old one.

Nick
12-06-04, 05:04 PM
Yer, Im expiriencing massive over fueling, but if i turn the idleing down on the carb the car idels tooo slowly and dies easily, this could mean time for a carb strip, but would this also be related to the dizzy being screwed !?

Nick
12-06-04, 05:09 PM
yep the dizzy is black.

How much am i looking at for a New one !? and a recon one !?

is it worth the gamble to try loking for a decent looking one in a scrappy ?

epo
12-06-04, 05:16 PM
imo its always worth lookin at scrappy u never know u may find a nearly new one

novahead
12-06-04, 11:02 PM
yup, u can get some gd stuff from the scrappy for cheep,