PDA

View Full Version : Delocking a 1.3SR

m4trix
10-06-04, 06:28 PM
Hi, i have a 1.3 SR . it does have central locking but doesn't always work.

The point being, is that i am thinking of delocking it.

Question 1.
What electronics do I need to complete this.

Question 2.

How much will it cost if I do myself?

cheers
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v243/m4trix/110_1013.jpg

Al Wilson
10-06-04, 06:49 PM
First of all you need a remote/keyless entry if your removing both door locks. I use the feature on my Clifford alarm but you can get just keyless stand alone units. think theyre about ?50 but im not sure. After that its welding a plate, filler, sanding and spraying.

Adam
10-06-04, 07:26 PM
Or you can just sitck the plate in the hole with Tiger seal if you haven't got a welder.

Tazzy
10-06-04, 10:15 PM
its better to weld in the plate though!

make sure both the solenoids are working, the one in the driver door should be the master solenoid, and the one in the passenger door(s) is/are the secondary one(s)!

use the remote from the alarm system and wire it up to the central locking kit!

and if you are going all out on your security, you could wire up a immobilizer and internal movement sensors to the system!

or if like me, you could also add blue lights inside the cab, as well as a shed load of cut off switches hidden all around the car!

have i said too much? :lol:

Jack
11-06-04, 08:35 AM
To de lock mine, i used a washer that fits into the lock recess, with a countersunk hole in the middle. Put a hex bolt thru this, another washer on the other side of the lock recess (i.e. inside the door) to hold it in place and then a nylock nut on the bolt. Screw it all in tight, then filler over it, sand down and paint. No welding required; its all secure; and the filler shouldn't fall out as you're only smothing over the washer, not filling in the entire recess.

m4trix
11-06-04, 03:14 PM
cheers will have to consider- costs money- but i am spending more and more on my little bargain, that it will be a burden at some point.

it's only a Nova - but I like it.

Al Wilson
11-06-04, 03:19 PM
Heres to 20 grand and counting....

m4trix
11-06-04, 03:21 PM
wooooh- how much- ? 20k eeek. you mental -
wheres your feature then?

Al Wilson
11-06-04, 03:23 PM
Mmmm. Thats whats on the car now. God knows all the stuff thats come off it. Its only money...

m4trix
11-06-04, 03:25 PM
give us some then.
got any bits for sale. interior ? cheap wheels.

Al Wilson
11-06-04, 03:28 PM
No, sold it as Ive gone alone. On my third rear bumper and fourth front, second sideskirts but stranglely only one set of wheels. My features in the Gsi - tell us what you think.

m4trix
11-06-04, 03:57 PM
mental mate- seriously - essay style detail from yourself there.

Al Wilson
11-06-04, 04:01 PM
Cheers. If you look closely its the same as in TV as I emailed them the same thing.