PDA

View Full Version : What are these 2 wires on my C20XE engine??

bad_boy_nova
10-06-04, 05:19 PM
One of the wires is a thin brown/yellow wire and the other is a thin blue/red wire. They both come from the engine part of the loom. What am i supposed to connect them to?

Chris S
10-06-04, 05:35 PM
Should imagine the red n blue's the engine live from the fuel pump relay. where abouts are they on the loom?

bad_boy_nova
11-06-04, 07:22 PM
On the engine part of the loom, there is a black plug and most of the wires on the plug go to the dash, e.g. green - rev counter, blue/white - battery gauge/light. But on that plug, there are two wires and i dont know where i am supposed to connect them to, which is the thin brown with a yellow stripe and the thin blue with a red stripe. Can anyone help?

Ste_Nova
11-06-04, 07:39 PM
thin blue/red = speed sender

brown/yellow = diag

neither are needed to make the engine run

bad_boy_nova
11-06-04, 07:45 PM
I know, my engine is running without them connected, but where should they be connected to? Also, the engine management light is permanently on, obviously meaning there is a fault somewhere, but when i put the paperclip on A and B on that black plug, the light just stays on, it doesnt start flashing, why is this? Am i doing something wrong?

Ste_Nova
11-06-04, 07:55 PM
what diag plug u using?

speed can be connected to digi dash sender if fitted

bad_boy_nova
11-06-04, 08:00 PM
I got a paperclip and put it on A and B on the black plug that has the dash signals coming from it, and the engine management light just stayed on, it didnt flash or anythin. If i connect the thin blue/red wire to my transducer, will it make any difference to anythin on my car, engine or digi dash??

rodgerq
15-06-04, 10:24 PM
iss your diagnostic plug wired properly. look on the back of it. see the brown wire, its either a or b connector, well it needs to go to earth. make sure it does using a multimeter.

rodgerq

TWAG
16-06-04, 12:40 PM
There is a small 2 pin plug near the ecu, short both these pins down to earth and the ecu light should start flashing.