PDA

View Full Version : An OAP gets banned for.........

Chris
10-06-04, 10:30 AM
......warning motorists of a speed camera!!!

How?
http://money.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;sessionid=WO1MB5W4AHE23QFIQMFSM5WAVCBQ0 JVC?xml=/news/2004/06/03/ncam03.xml&sSheet=/portal/2004/06/03/ixportal.html

Poor old git[/url]

Dpnova
10-06-04, 10:46 AM
LOL what a nice bloke 8)

Stuart
10-06-04, 10:55 AM
been on mig for weeks lol

epo
10-06-04, 06:52 PM
what a thourghly bloody nice bloke

alfys SR
10-06-04, 10:42 PM
Thats well harsh i reckon, to take away his lience and such!
Lets face it all the speed cameras and other devices do is raise capital for the bloody governement.

it really gets on my nerves, but hey what can you do

oh did anyone see the program which documented the new speed cameras that can catch you if you are facing them?

i saw a couple on the way to southampton the other week! Not good

:(

Jack
11-06-04, 10:33 AM
oh did anyone see the program which documented the new speed cameras that can catch you if you are facing them?

i saw a couple on the way to southampton the other week! Not good

:(

Truvelo (pink eye) cameras? They combat the glaring flaw with the Gatsos. And they're Infra Red so theres no visible flash.

epo
11-06-04, 07:19 PM
saw loads of em on the A1

Mel
12-06-04, 08:02 PM
what a poor bloke..

Rach
12-06-04, 08:47 PM
what a bunch of twats banning him for that... that's stupid!

Paul
13-06-04, 01:59 AM
I don't see how he can get banned! He wasnt in a car, he was just putting a speed limit sign up, thats all it is.

If another elderly man was to put the sign up with no driving license, then in the eyes of the law that is totally legal because he has no license to loose. They prosecuted the man by revoking his license, so if the man with no driving license did the same thing he would not get prosecuted...

At the end of the day it isnt a driving offence, he is assisting the safety of road users by telling them to do the right thing- NOT SPEED. How can you be prsecuted for telling people to obey the law? It just goes to show that this country is run by a load of fucking greedy, selfish, inconsiderate wankers.

Speed Camera's are not there to 'reduce accidents' they are there to make money. No doubt what so ever in my mind.

Paul
13-06-04, 02:00 AM
I don't see how he can get banned! He wasnt in a car, he was just putting a speed limit sign up, thats all it is.

If another elderly man was to put the sign up with no driving license, then in the eyes of the law that is totally legal because he has no license to loose. They prosecuted the man by revoking his license, so if the man with no driving license did the same thing he would not get prosecuted...

At the end of the day it isnt a driving offence, he is assisting the safety of road users by telling them to do the right thing- NOT SPEED. How can you be prsecuted for telling people to obey the law? It just goes to show that this country is run by a load of fucking greedy, selfish, inconsiderate wankers.

Speed Camera's are not there to 'reduce accidents' they are there to make money. No doubt what so ever in my mind.

broody
13-06-04, 01:29 PM
look at you paul with the big gornw up replies, told you that you were getting old in your old age, hehe.

music junky
19-06-04, 10:44 AM
Better watch out dudes, they might ban you for having sex in a car next!
The old bloke can appeal in a higher court and get that convition dropped, plus he can get compensation.
He wasant driveing his car and wasant commiting any motoring offence! so he shouldant of been banned.
A good barriester will get him off in a shot and make them look right tossers.
They banned him to stop him driveing to the boot sale to warn people about the speed trap, and also looseing the courts lots of money.
If you take the police to court or was wrongfully convicted of a crime you didant commit and recive compensation ? then the money paid to you comes out of the fine money and speeding tickets.
So the police dont pay a penny.

Jack
19-06-04, 03:10 PM
... and wasant commiting any motoring offence! so he shouldant of been banned.

He was commiting a motoring offence: SP32 (aiding, abetting, counselling or procuring SP30), SP34 (Causing or permitting SP30) or SP36 (inciting SP30)... basically means that because he was letting ppl know where the camera was, the police will take the line that he knew motorists were speeding, and allowing them to do so without getting caught (telling them to slow down for the camera)

music junky
19-06-04, 03:31 PM
Yeah all very well dude, but if im not in my car and i did the same and i have then why should i loose my driveing licence ?.
Most of us on here speed sometimes and when we see a police car we slow down, but if we get caught ? then thats our own fault and nobody elses.
The police speed and get away with it, they also park on double yellow lines and never get a ticket becouse traffic wardens turn a blind eye.
Ive seen the police paying the bills while parked on double yellers and you tell them ? and they say shut up.
My brother is a copper and my aunty and uncle is a copper and they are worse than villans, they will grass there own family for a promotion.
Speed kills and we all know that, they should give motorists a caution and the next time they get a fine.
Anyway im not getting into an arguement with you mate but he wasant in a car and therefore shouldant be banned from driving.
Arrested for stopping the police making money from speeders fair inuf.
Anyway peace and take care
Darren