PDA

View Full Version : carbon pillers

nam
09-06-04, 07:53 PM
just a qick question, were can you get them from and how much???

epo
09-06-04, 08:22 PM
nds do u want real or fake

mine are fake from rgm i think go to motorworld and ask them to order them 4 u

nam
09-06-04, 08:34 PM
how much did you pay for them?

epo
09-06-04, 08:42 PM
i got mine off ebay so not much

have a look at rgm's web site

http://www.passionmotorsport.co.uk/index.htm

Al Wilson
10-06-04, 06:56 PM
Get a thin piece (0.3mm or something) from Demon Tweeks and make them. That thin you can cut it with sissors and bend it easily without breaking. Thats how I did my scuttle and boot panels.

nam
10-06-04, 09:30 PM
how much is it?

epo
10-06-04, 09:37 PM
or justm vinyal made up of it from a graphics shop cheaper option

Al Wilson
10-06-04, 09:49 PM
The piece I bought was about 80 odd quid I think, but I had loads left and I think you can by smaller. I know Richbrook sell smaller self adhesive sheets for ?25 but I dont know the quality of it.

Jim
11-06-04, 08:17 AM
Get a thin piece (0.3mm or something) from Demon Tweeks and make them. That thin you can cut it with sissors and bend it easily without breaking. Thats how I did my scuttle and boot panels.

How did you secure the scuttle panel? I'm wanting to do this, but I'm trying to work out the best way of securing it.

Cheers

Jim

Al Wilson
11-06-04, 10:58 AM
Ha. A lot of pissing around ultimately! Originaly threw away the plastic grill things that go under the washer jet/wiper grills but decided I needed them back so had to pay for some more in a scrappy! Rule of thumb - never throw anything away! Anyway, I made a cardboard template and spent bloody ages shaping, cutting and adding bits so that it sits on the bulkhead 'legde' on the battery side and pokes inbetween the 'step' part at the bottom of those plastic grills. Hope this helps, I can send you pics to make it clearer and I've got the final template now if you're interested.

Jim
11-06-04, 11:02 AM
Ha. A lot of p**s around ultimately! Originaly threw away the plastic grill things that go under the washer jet/wiper grills but decided I needed them back so had to pay for some more in a scrappy! Rule of thumb - never throw anything away! Anyway, I made a cardboard template and spent bloody ages shaping, cutting and adding bits so that it sits on the bulkhead 'legde' on the battery side and pokes inbetween the 'step' part at the bottom of those plastic grills. Hope this helps, I can send you pics to make it clearer and I've got the final template now if you're interested.

Pictures would be really handy. Would you be able to send me a paper version of the template? I thought the bulkhead ledge would be used to sit the carbon fibre on, but i wasn't sure how to fit it near the plastic grill.

Thanks,

Jim

Al Wilson
11-06-04, 11:15 AM
Sure. Ill take some pics and post them and see what you think. It just makes everything neater, especially then I've got all the fuses under it inside the scuttle. I looked at Bretts one again on Sunday and hes used straps I think round the grill things. Would of been good to get a better look.

Dpnova
11-06-04, 11:17 AM
I saw karl remove his a while abck, its velcroed(sp) on

Al Wilson
11-06-04, 11:21 AM
Whats it velcro-ed to? The underside of the grill?

Dpnova
11-06-04, 11:22 AM
Cant rember he done it really quickly, LOL if you pm him im sure he will tell you

Al Wilson
11-06-04, 11:23 AM
Cheers mate.

Dpnova
11-06-04, 11:25 AM
No problem

Jim
11-06-04, 02:27 PM
Sure. Ill take some pics and post them and see what you think. It just makes everything neater, especially then I've got all the fuses under it inside the scuttle. I looked at Bretts one again on Sunday and hes used straps I think round the grill things. Would of been good to get a better look.

Cheers dude.

Velcro sounds like a clever idea. Might look into that :)

Jim

epo
12-06-04, 09:21 AM
al i could do with that template if u dont need it as am wantin to do this with mine
obviously ill sort u out some beer money if u want

Al Wilson
12-06-04, 05:30 PM
Yeh thats fine mate, ill put a pic up in the forum tonight of it and if thats still what you want the templates all yours!

epo
12-06-04, 06:48 PM
ur a star thx :D