PDA

View Full Version : max power, a load of shite!!

Davy!!
09-06-04, 01:03 PM
i have just recently read a max power, and it wasnt like it was when i used to read it, it was full of shite cars, over done and you'd need to be a daddies boy to get half the shit done to them, and there was tits everywhere(that was the best bit) but i would be cheaper buying a wank mag and most of the girls in it werent into the brown!!

anyway, it was shite, full of adverts n little poofters!!

Dpnova
09-06-04, 01:13 PM
read a good mag like tv or busty bitches :D

Mel
09-06-04, 08:16 PM
max pooer is rubbish..read a couple that me bro used to buy..total waste of money

Stanton
09-06-04, 08:24 PM
a good mag like tv

hmmmm its an average mag.....not a patch on the mags the vw/ford guys get, and they have more than one, or even two.

its only because tv is the only vaux mag it is considered gud, we need another mag.....competition for sales can oly make for a better mag.

scott.parker
09-06-04, 08:29 PM
a good mag like tv

hmmmm its an average mag.....not a patch on the mags the vw/ford guys get, and they have more than one, or even two.

its only because tv is the only vaux mag it is considered gud, we need another mag.....competition for sales can oly make for a better mag.

Very vailed and good point mate i think your right they should have anothere mag for vaux cars,hey theres the name VAUX-CARS :lol:

lets start one..

scott

epo
09-06-04, 08:47 PM
i buy the followin each month

max power
fast car
revs
redline
total vaux
performance ford
fast ford

the last to i get off r kid and me dad tho still a good read

i buy them mainly for when am on breaks at work and dont wanna read the paper i dont mind them as u get to see a few good cars epspecailly in tv,ff and pf

Stanton
09-06-04, 08:59 PM
fave mags -

retro cars
classic ford
fast ford
performance ford
total bollox
that thing that replaced ccc
max power

and i h8 fords........jus the write-ups and explainations of the techy stuff is reli v gud. if tv got itself up to this standard of tellin how the car was made rather than jus facts about it, itd b a top mag.

epo
09-06-04, 09:04 PM
i bought retro and total car audio and didnt really like them

Dpnova
10-06-04, 08:11 AM
I havent read maxy p for months, ive read a few vw mags but i dont really get enough time, EPO you must spend a mint on mags as there about ?4 each

Stuart
10-06-04, 08:40 AM
whats reading?

Jack
10-06-04, 10:56 AM
I get TV, and quite often retro cars (my dads dolomite is sat in the garage waiting for me to inherit it :wink: )

I find TV can be a little shallow sometimes... the write ups about the cars are often it has this, and it has this, and it has this, and it has this.... pretty much just listing what each car has without much depth to it

Davy!!
10-06-04, 12:00 PM
I gather TV is Total Vauxhal and not some TransVestite Mag?

I buy TV (first one) on occasions, but i generally buy the viz, car mags waste the brain. and until this day i have never bought a skud mag!!

Jim
10-06-04, 12:17 PM
i buy the followin each month

max power
fast car
revs
redline
total vaux
performance ford
fast ford

Fookin hell, you must spend a fortune on mags!

I only get TV, and even then I'll only get it if it has a Nova in it.

Jim

NovaNeil
10-06-04, 12:29 PM
I buy Max power and Redline each month without fail.... Then TV when theres a Nova I like in it. Redlines by far the best mag I think, as the staff actually do Trackdays.. 1/4 mile sprints and some proper good Road trips. And there cars are awesome (in my opinion), also there feature cars are fairly varied, where as max power is a lot more into its styling and ICE. Still enjoy reading them though.

Fast cars gone crap I think, never buy that now.... Too much Euro style stuff in it and its costs nearly ?5! F@ck that.

Neil

Mark T
10-06-04, 12:46 PM
I buy retro cars and have a subscription for TV however I wish it was the other way arround. Retro cars is a really good magazine.

Stuart
10-06-04, 02:06 PM
i read viz and private eye. as they are goood ways to catch up on the news lol

epo
10-06-04, 06:37 PM
lookin at it yes i buy a fair few dont notice it when its one at a time

think id best cut down lol

Al Wilson
10-06-04, 06:40 PM
Redline is the best mainstream by far... Not that Im biased...

locky
10-06-04, 07:11 PM
TV :- men n motors, discovery channel at 8, and eurosport 4 the bikes lmao

NovaNeil
10-06-04, 07:25 PM
Al your car looks Awesome in Redline this month..... Far better pics than the Total Vauxhal feature!!! Well done 8)

Neil

Jules
10-06-04, 07:51 PM
Out of all the "main stream" car mags (Max Flower, Fart Car, tRevs and bRedline) then I gotta say that Redline is the best one of the lot and the only one I'd even consider buying if I was bored enough.
I'll always buy Total Vauxhall, Performance VW or VolksWorld over it though.

epo
10-06-04, 08:55 PM

yeah do like redline alot

daft question but why wud u be biased :?

Philsutton
10-06-04, 09:38 PM
im getting sick of looking at glittered up saxos that all have the same kit in each month, if i wanted that i'd take pictures of my turds before i flushed them away.

Al Wilson
10-06-04, 09:43 PM
Cheers mate, took enough time to get it in there. I agree though, much better pictures than TV. I took my own pictures when TV were there (some are on my feature) and dare I say I think theyre better than what the photographer took. TV I think were more interested in getting it finished quickly. Good thing about Redline, they gave me a copy of all 100odd pics they took!

MechaT
11-06-04, 12:27 AM
I actually DIDN'T buy TV this month (gasp, swoon!) The mag's getting real dry these days. Retro cars is brilliant. It's interesting and informative even tho I don't own a classic (give it 8 more years!)
I used to get Revs until it went all Max Power - ads 'n' tits

I wish TV was more like RC. RC is a few months old and it's already done a cruise across France and has its own show

I've read a few 'single make' mags and all they're pretty similar to me. I suppose it's hard trying to make interesting articles about the same cars each month

scott.parker
11-06-04, 01:57 AM
Al your car looks Awesome in Redline this month..... Far better pics than the Total Vauxhal feature!!! Well done 8)

Neil

thre ya go lee..

scott

scott.parker
11-06-04, 01:59 AM
Cheers mate, took enough time to get it in there. I agree though, much better pictures than TV. I took my own pictures when TV were there (some are on my feature) and dare I say I think theyre better than what the photographer took. TV I think were more interested in getting it finished quickly. Good thing about Redline, they gave me a copy of all 100odd pics they took!

i do think your car looks well nice in side mate,but im unsure on the vented doors and the carbon cut outs in the boot..but it is still a well smart car,like it mate..

scott

Al Wilson
11-06-04, 02:03 AM
Just wanted it to be different really. Never seen vents in doors or holes in bootfloor so I thought I'd give it a go. I've got quite an extreme idea for the roof so I'll see how that one comes off with everyone soon.

scott.parker
11-06-04, 02:07 AM
Just wanted it to be different really. Never seen vents in doors or holes in bootfloor so I thought I'd give it a go. I've got quite an extreme idea for the roof so I'll see how that one comes off with everyone soon.

Oh god i see a convertible nova coming on,lol

i do hope thats not what your thinking?

well as i say i think it looks nice bar the door vents,glad your trying somthing dif mate,but i tryed that and didnt really work,lol

but i think using saxo parts is a bit,hummm well you know.. :)

well look at my car you are welcomre to slag it off if you wish mate,its at the botom of the screen...

scott

VVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Al Wilson
11-06-04, 02:12 AM
Your car looks sweet, love the colour. No not a convertable!! Something quite special but I need some glass panels made up. Need money at the moment, loads of ideas just no capitol!! Need to break the mould, think I achieved it with the inside - apparently the most stripped out road legal Nova in Europe according to Total Vauxhall.

scott.parker
11-06-04, 02:20 AM
Your car looks sweet, love the colour. No not a convertable!! Something quite special but I need some glass panels made up. Need money at the moment, loads of ideas just no capitol!! Need to break the mould, think I achieved it with the inside - apparently the most stripped out road legal Nova in Europe according to Total Vauxhall.

ah your thinking of doing a cut down nova like they do on the mini's and some golf's i have seen it on..nice one! goood luck though..

and yes i would say your car has the most striped inside that there is. :wink:

oh and glad you like the color of my wee shit heap,lol dave gsi thinks it's a girls color..lol hey dave white is so manly.lol

scott

Dpnova
11-06-04, 08:37 AM
Scott dont start on white cars :evil:

Al Wilson
11-06-04, 10:45 AM
No, not a chop down. Although thats a good idea. Something a little different Ive never seen before. Watch this space. And it is a nice colour, better in the metal, as it were.

epo
12-06-04, 09:16 AM

Neil

thre ya go lee..

scott

cheers dude :lol: