PDA

View Full Version : I got my PC drunk :(

Anonymous
26-07-01, 08:09 AM
ello right the other nght i spilt a pint ov beer on my keyboard.

i cleaned it up but after about 30mins the keys started fucking up.

bear in mind i was pissed, i took the keyboard apart and cleaned it, then put it back together, it was a little bit better.
i done this again and again until i had done it 4 or so times.

the i let this daft little earth strap touch a chip on the inside ov the keyboard, now this wouldnt be so bad but coz i was pissed the computer was still switched on and i was still logged into the chat room (dohh i forgot)

anyways the green lights onn the keys switched off so i powerd down and rebooted and guess what......

dos starts to boot up then stops and says "error keyboard fault or no keyboard detected press F1 to continuie or press DEL to enter setup"

now i cant press anykeys coz the keys dont work x-(

Mark d nicked me a new keyboard from the college he works at and i tried it but still no joy (ohh dear lol)

anybody got sum ideas?? (im tinking that a mother board cant be dead off just that???)

cheers chaps

ps. lol this isnt my computer its me dads

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
26-07-01, 08:15 AM
you want to try that with tyour birds hahaha you might get some then hahahaha

Anonymous
26-07-01, 08:59 AM
only 1 pint? your keyboards a lightweight!

Anonymous
26-07-01, 09:29 AM
so might you ian. lol.

Micky, open your pc, and then look at where the keyboard connector goes to, if its a dark brown your motherboard has shorted out.

There shouldnt really be enought power to short out your motherboard from your keyboard - but when i worked in doxons peeps did come in and say bout it happening.

While the PC is open get a hoover and suck all the dirt out of your PC, and then hoover all the ports on the back, as some dust may have got in.

Failing that, if you got a warranty on it, take it back but dont say your spilt a drink on it.

Cheers

Davo

Anybody lend me ?599?
[-numberplate.jpg-]
www.pugtek.net/pubes.asp

Anonymous
26-07-01, 09:42 AM
Micky, if it is your keyboard dont worry about it...they cost about ?7

when u spilt your pint on it, you should have put it in a bath of warm soapy water, soaked it for a bit and swished (spelling...lol) it about a bit...

then rinsed it with warm water, then left it to dry for a couple of days...

thats what i did at work when i spilt a black coffee with 3 sugars all over my keyboard...lmao :O

Nova Community
Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

"Monkey...we need more telly"
"no silly man...we need better telly"

Anonymous
26-07-01, 09:47 AM
I work on an IT helpdesk and if somebody here spills coffee on their keyboard then we just bin it and put a new one on.Ged, were you scared what the IT people would say about your keyboard or something??? why go to all the hassle of cleaning it, it's not yours and I'm sure the company would have got a new one!!!!

Nice car, what's the retail on one of those?
More than you can afford pal....Ferrari!

smoke him!

Anonymous
26-07-01, 10:24 AM
I think the point you are all missing is not that he has spilled drink on it but that he has shorted out something.
Like davo says mate... Look inside your box and see if the motherboard is brown or blackened in anyway around the keyboard connection. If it is you will need a new one... if not, errr... get a new one anyway it'll save time trying to find the problem.
And let this be a lesson to you all... D

ONT DRINK AND CHAT AT THE SAME TIME!!!

andrew.tunnicliffe@whitbread.com
ANDY@WISEWOOD.NET

Anonymous
26-07-01, 11:18 AM
i think we are all missing the real point here. Micky spilt his pint. Spillage is not accepted, and micky should be very ashamed. Go on micky hang your head in shame!

Anybody lend me ?599?
[-numberplate.jpg-]
www.pugtek.net/pubes.asp

Anonymous
26-07-01, 01:00 PM
lol this all sounds familiar i blew up my pc last nite but i was playing what happens when this wire goes here game :D
i blew up my psb and me hard drive didnt work b4 hand neway. oh well

think its time for wot happens when i solder this chip here game next :)

[-dave_hay.jpg-]
Dave_Hay@novaload.org.uk
Dave_Hay5@hotmail.com

send nova and mk3 astra gsi pics my way for my attempt at web design.

Anonymous
26-07-01, 03:23 PM
Davo has a good point there... I neglected no notice that one on my last post.
And as for you 13SRBOY... Are you determinned to destroy your house when you switch on your computer or what?

andrew.tunnicliffe@whitbread.com
ANDY@WISEWOOD.NET

Anonymous
26-07-01, 07:49 PM
just teke the fecker appart and clean each layer of stuff then dry it out. bingo its fixed in 10 mins tops. curry and milk dont mix too well on a MS natural Pro keyboard lol

yes mobo wont blow from the keyboard coz there isnt enough voltage knocking about.

just wiggle it about (and the keyboard connector!!) and it should work.

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
26-07-01, 09:46 PM
nahh u see u all missed summit mark nicked me a new keyboard and it still dont work!!!!

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
26-07-01, 11:06 PM
check your motherboard. Micky can you bann yourself from the site? lol

Anybody lend me ?599?
[-numberplate.jpg-]
www.pugtek.net/pubes.asp