PDA

View Full Version : The revver is back and ready for this weekend.

BigRuss
09-06-04, 08:18 AM
OK people, firstly please accept My apologies for not making it to PV. No way the car was going to be ready in time, I've done My nuts in the last ten days getting it all back together and running.

I've now managed it but still got three or four meaningless little jobs left to do before the weekend. I am competing on the Abingdon Motorsport Carnival stages at Abingdon nr Oxford. There is a MONSTER :o entry for this rally including 5 WRC's :o 8) :o

I am starting at car 40 (100 car entry), the rally itself is on Sun 13th and is a spectator rally. If anyone lives near or fancies coming over for a look on Sunday be sure to find Me and say "Hi".

Barney has confirmed that He will be in My service crew this weekend as well so if anyone makes the effort You will meet us both. Sorry guys but I probably won't be the Hero to watch as I have spent thousands on the car again and am using this event as a tester for Me and the car, My aim is to finish this rally :oops: :oops:

Having said that though My new F15 gearbox + 4.86CWP has made a big difference accelaration wise, so You shouldn't fall asleep watching Me anyway :twisted:

Dpnova
09-06-04, 08:20 AM
Good luck matey

Stuart
09-06-04, 08:47 AM
if your just testing it it, do you want me to not come?? lol

hmmmmm abingdon isnt too far away. hmmmmmmm

we shall see :D

good luck bud

Barn
09-06-04, 12:12 PM
Rock on...! Can't wait...

Havent heard the car run yet but seeing it was enough :o :D

Can't wait to see/hear it going :twisted:

Sorry couldnt make it up again to help with plumbing in the engine mate...getting up to your place is hard going when you aint got a car anymore, haha..." Rolly "

Am pleased to say I helped with the fitting of the revver engine ! :D

Llandow go orite mate?

:+:

Cheese
09-06-04, 12:34 PM
Moving home from uni this weekend, but will try and make it down if im home in time! :D

dhdev (Oli)
09-06-04, 01:08 PM
is the rally tarmac or forest? i've seen a few forest stage rallies never a tarmac one tho.

BigRuss
09-06-04, 03:22 PM
Cheers guys.

It is a Tarmac rally, eight stages in total covering 90 competitive miles. I hope it is cool over the weekend else I'll be sweating My balls off fighting with My car for 90 miles.

Didn't make it to Llandow again for testing :roll: but I have done about 30 - 35 miles of late evening testing down the lanes by Me :twisted: :twisted: and everything seems ok. There are severael pairs of black lines in them lanes as well now where I was practicing My standing starts :lol: .

Barn
09-06-04, 03:31 PM
hahaha....practicing standing start!

the roads up by you are good...bet the lanes are f ucking awesome!

locky
09-06-04, 04:24 PM
ah yes the welsh countrside! lanes and valleys=awsome racecourses lmao
If u need a hand on the next rally id be more than glad to help!
Good luck! wont be able to make it, i gota sort stuff out for hjols!
Good luck once again!

-Bruce-
09-06-04, 07:04 PM
yeh good luck mate!! and remember to tell us all what happens.

bruce