PDA

View Full Version : CCM Gsi Front bumpers !?! ?

Nick
08-06-04, 10:47 PM
After a GSi front bumper that's in orignal plastic n it's proving to be quite a mission, lookin in back of max power today and i saw an Advert for CCM, selling Gsi Front bumpers for 80 quid.

I presume these are aftermarket moulds ?

Are they any good, or will theybe an ill fitting peice of rubbish ?

cheers

dunova
09-06-04, 07:51 AM
I have a gsi front bumper! It's silver, came off my gsi about a month ago and its the first time its been removed coz i had to take out the original rivets. Its yours for ?70 inc p&p :lol:

Ojc
09-06-04, 11:44 AM
I got a GM Nova GSi bumper from FFWD for 130 quid brand new.

Nick
09-06-04, 07:02 PM
yer, but does anyone know if these r real GM items, or cheap n tacky reproductions !?

Sorry, but i need one in original plastic, not painted !

-tucny-
09-06-04, 10:39 PM
yer, but does anyone know if these r real GM items, or cheap n tacky reproductions !?

i got mine from FFWD too. it isnt any cheap reproduction, its a spot on fitment etc. the only downside is it comes with those anoying bobbles all over, which means it needs smoothing.

Aragorn
10-06-04, 12:47 PM
i was under the impression from the EPC that vaux only supplied the GSi bumper in primer

Alex
10-06-04, 01:07 PM
no, either in primer or grey. you get the choice

epo
10-06-04, 09:17 PM

i got mine from FFWD too. it isnt any cheap reproduction, its a spot on fitment etc. the only downside is it comes with those anoying bobbles all over, which means it needs smoothing.

forgive me for soundin thick but i thought the gsi bumper wasnt suposed to have the bobbely bits on it :?

clawsk
10-06-04, 09:33 PM
Original gsi bumpers from vauxhall are ?115+VAT. They ONLY come in primer ready to be sprayed. You used to be able to get them in grey (like an sri bumper) but not anymore.

Trust me i went on a mission tryin to get 1 in grey! If any1 knows better please let me know! :D :D

I phoned CCM and they said that their bumpers are fibreglass and come in a gell coat ready for spraying, also they dont fit on the original mounts.

Cheers.

-tucny-
10-06-04, 10:44 PM

forgive me for soundin thick but i thought the gsi bumper wasnt suposed to have the bobbely bits on it :?

thats what i thought till it arrived! looked quite nice tho it plastic.

Nick
11-06-04, 05:12 PM
What is FFWD !?

So, is there anywhere i can get an original grey plastic Gsi Bumper from !?

Alex
11-06-04, 06:41 PM
Original gsi bumpers from vauxhall are ?115+VAT. They ONLY come in primer ready to be sprayed. You used to be able to get them in grey (like an sri bumper) but not anymore.

Trust me i went on a mission tryin to get 1 in grey! If any1 knows better please let me know! :D :D
I phoned CCM and they said that their bumpers are fibreglass and come in a gell coat ready for spraying, also they dont fit on the original mounts.
Cheers.

Thats wierd as i know they still do the tow eye cover in grey, as i got one about 2 months ago

clawsk
11-06-04, 10:47 PM
Well thats what the local vauxhall dealer told me, maybe some still have a few grey gsi bumpers, who knows!

rodgerq
15-06-04, 10:22 PM
i got mine from autovaux. www.autovaux.co.uk

with all fittings and brackets it came to just shy of 200 quid. the actual bumper came in grey plastic and iirc it was about 120 or 130 quid - thats without the brackets n mounting bar whcih all need bought seperate.

rodgerq

dunova
16-06-04, 07:54 AM
Wouldn't it have been easier (and cheaper!!) just to buy a gsi front bumper?!?!?! :!: