PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fibre

Al Wilson
08-06-04, 12:49 PM
I've put as much as carbon as I can in the car but I'm looking to get body panels made up. Does anyone know of anyone? I've found a few places but its starting to look very costly. Most of the carbon work I've done is flat panels or slight curves, I need someone who can do proper angles without it splintering.

Dpnova
08-06-04, 01:13 PM
theres a bloke on mig web thats good with carbon fibre

Jim
08-06-04, 02:07 PM
theres a bloke on mig web thats good with carbon fibre

Is that the same guy thats done a runner with a lot of peoples money?

Jim

Dpnova
08-06-04, 02:08 PM
:oops: Might be, i know karl and neil got stuff from him i didnt relise hed done that

Sorry

Al Wilson
08-06-04, 02:20 PM
Doesn't sound too promising! I asked Procomp but they want ?1500 development costs and then the cost of the panels!!!

Jack
08-06-04, 02:24 PM
Didn't Colin Smith used to have carbon fibre items on his site?

djp_y2k
08-06-04, 05:16 PM
I'm after some parts making aswell, as u know.

Not body panels though, would like front wings done but they are smoothed into the body work now. :?

I'm going to speak to a guy in the next couple of weeks so will ask about the panels to

epo
09-06-04, 08:51 PM
Doesn't sound too promising! I asked Procomp but they want ?1500 development costs and then the cost of the panels!!!

thats who i was gunna surgest but i knew they wud be expensive if they have to make the parts up

Barn
09-06-04, 10:26 PM
yeh there was a guy on Migweb called jacksonsnovaturbo or something like that and he has done a runner with peoples ???

aint heard of anyone else though

Al Wilson
10-06-04, 09:53 PM
Cheers anyway. Might have a go at making it myself. I know where to get carbon fibre matting. All I need to do now is get the resin which smooths out. Will be a challenge I think.

NovaNeil
11-06-04, 05:12 PM
Hi,
Yes I ordered my Carbon door cards and rear panels of Simon Jackson (Carbon Carry on he calls himself). It took me months and months to get the bits... A lot of people have had to wait a long time for them, but I haven't heard about him doing a runner :?

I know it is possible to buy carbon wings and even doors! 8) The doors are around ?350 each and the wings are ?100 and something... some rally place does them and my mates just ordered some wings. I can get the name of it if you like?

Neil

Al Wilson
11-06-04, 05:16 PM
Cheers mate, that'd be wicked. Its cost a fortune for the bonnet and I made most if it myself in the end!

rednova
13-06-04, 05:45 PM
hi guys - i bought a set of carbon fibre doors from colin smith - i was expecting carbon fibre finish doors with no lock hole etc. when they finally arrived (3-4 months late) they were true rally doors, no hinges no winder mechanisms(designed for windows to be rivetted in) and finished in a lovely matt white effect :x i was peeved to say the least - when i asked if i could send them back he just stopped answering my emails (very mature i know) i ended up sellin them for ?200 losin ?200 because of sum numbnut!!!

badnova
14-06-04, 12:28 AM
thats looks spot on there mate

Al Wilson
14-06-04, 11:32 AM
I know how you feel. Its been a nightmare trying to find reliable and honest people who deal with the 'black art'! Thats why I had to experiment making my own panels and bits.

Picking up MY mould tomorrow which apparrently some unnamed company has been using without my permission, no doubt charging for another mould and effectively stealing ?250 each time! Not happy. :(