PDA

View Full Version : Corsa GSi Engine fitting Guide/Help

nutsaboutnovas
08-06-04, 11:25 AM
Does anyone know where you can get a guide to fit this engine into a nova?
or does anyone know how? is it easy
i am very familiar with the nova engines/bays but not the Corsa ones
any help much appreciated!!
cheers

vauxnova
12-06-04, 09:14 AM
Use nova mounts , put in engine

nutsaboutnovas
12-06-04, 10:08 AM
yeah what about wiring loom and alternator clearence and any other things i don't know ablout...

Snowface
12-06-04, 10:39 AM
aragorn has done this conversion i think. speak to him perhaps.

vauxnova
14-06-04, 10:08 AM
use nova sri bottom pulley (thin belt crank sensor teeth) or hammer chassis leg use nova alternator

loom depends on if your wiring in the imobliser or not but its a 9ish pin plug thats a complete arse if you have to do the imobliser - have diagram if needed

Mr.h.
15-06-04, 06:17 PM
use nova sri bottom pulley (thin belt crank sensor teeth) or hammer chassis leg use nova alternator

loom depends on if your wiring in the imobliser or not but its a 9ish pin plug thats a complete arse if you have to do the imobliser - have diagram if needed

where is the immoblizer 2 is it built in 2 the ecu??

vauxnova
16-06-04, 12:48 AM
where is the immoblizer 2 is it built in 2 the ecu??

built into the ecu need ecu pickup and matching chip

Will F
16-06-04, 09:36 AM
Might not have the immob. Depends which engine it is.
If its the Ecotech (X16XE) or XEL then it will have.
If its the C16XE (Plastic Inlet) then it wont.

Ojc
16-06-04, 02:03 PM
Some C16XE's DO have an immobiliser and you WILL need to get the transponder and chip from the donor car.

My X16XE that came from a Tigra was an import and DOES'NT have a transponder or chip which saved us a lot of hassle :D

homeboy.G.
27-06-04, 09:42 PM
ive bought a c16xe complete wiv engine wiring loom ecu etc but havnt put it in yet wot is this chip all about??? if i just wire up the wires i have wont it start???

m.d.
27-06-04, 11:35 PM
its in the key from the donor car

most people just get the key and duck tape it to the ecu.

Aragorn
28-06-04, 10:37 AM
no c16xe had ecu immobiliser and early x16xe's didnt have it either was around 1995 they braught it in on all models - a quick look at a corsa haynes manual wiring diagram proves this

the alternator might hit the chassis leg if u use the wide belt one - mines sitting about 2-3mm away from it but its on TAS engine mounts so shouldnt move

nova alternator and crank pulley from a astra mk3 with C1[46]SE or a nova with C1[46]SE (ie SRI and very late GSi with dispac) will sort any issues with that

the loom is pretty streight forward - u need to provide battery live, ignition live and fuel pump connections along with a few others like tacho and engine management light and your sorted

dhdev (Oli)
28-06-04, 01:04 PM
i used the corsa bottom pulley and corsa alternator i had to make a bracket up to lower the alternator to avoid the throttle bodies and i got a belt from halfords.

homeboy.G.
28-06-04, 10:21 PM
nice 1 lads. i havent got the key though and the corsas been scrapped wot if i do need it?? im gonna bash in the chassis leg for the clearance.

anyone that has done the wiring on the c16xe in to a nova with any help would be much apperacited coz im starting the wiring on friday!!!!!

X16XEL
30-06-04, 11:07 AM
hi sorry about hi jackin this post but im doin the same conversion and had a few questions.
got a x16xel from 95 astra has no immobiliser, with all wirin ecu etc.
puttin it in my 91 1.2carb mrk 2, got injection tank and lines just need the crank pully.
was just wonderin is there any differnce in the way i should wire it up with my car bein carb, do i just run both nova and astra loom together and connect up the relevent wires? live, ignition live dash etc, can i leave all the other wires connected like heaters stereo etc?
also i removed the pas pump from the engine so what mount should i use in its place?
sorry bout long post, cheers luke

Ojc
30-06-04, 04:05 PM
Nova mount.

You need injection fuel tank and two fuel lines.