PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 - 1.4sr

mbr1.2i
07-06-04, 11:55 PM
im swaping a 1.2 carb for a 1.4sr carb both mk1s on thursday adn uncle is going to help, nething i might need to know b4 and is there nething that would need to b done whilst changing them
thanks

rgv_stu
08-06-04, 10:31 AM
its all simple swap
just need the extra autochoke pipework and a different throttle cable

Chris
08-06-04, 03:57 PM
i think these use different ignition systems. 1.2 uses delco-remy and the 1.4 uses bosch. You will need the coil and I think there is a bit of extra wiring to the coil (not 100% sure though)

Cassie-Nova
08-06-04, 05:27 PM
Let me know how that goes, was considering trying to do it myself but wasn't sure how easy it would be.

Good luck!

Snowface
08-06-04, 06:07 PM
if your 1.2 has a black dizzy cap then i think its a Bosch (like mine).

Straight swap yes (apart form throttle/choke).

But if you got time to get the most out of the conversion, you should keep the 1200 cylinder head and use the 1400 cam in it. Only prob is u will need a 1300sr inlet manifold to match. You could probably use the 1200 manifold/carb on the 1400 block for a few days until u get the 1300 manifold.

But if you havn't got time then the straight swap is still a good 'un.

Riggy
09-06-04, 03:55 PM
yep have just done it myself

straight swap , but as chris said the ignition sys is different -my 1.2 had just 1 black wire goin to the coil and the 1.4 had 3 these are a black a green and a brown ,
the black goes to black
the green is for a rev counter
and the brown is an earth

there shouldnt be any probs if you get the complete engine but youll need the exuast sys aswell as the 1.4 is a 4-2-1 system so manifold ,down pipe and middle box are needed (i have a spare manifold)

other then that the only other wire is a yelloe and black one which should be tapped up near the starter - this is for the auto choke

cheers carl

Snowface
09-06-04, 06:14 PM
there shouldnt be any probs if you get the complete engine but youll need the exuast sys aswell as the 1.4 is a 4-2-1 system so manifold ,down pipe and middle box are needed (i have a spare manifold)l

You can keep your 1.2 system on the 1.4 with no problems apart from it being a bit more restrictive obviously, but it will fit fine.