PDA

View Full Version : mk 2 heater and light switch dials

epo
07-06-04, 08:43 PM
i want to spray me dials up how do i remove the speed dial and light switch dail i see the others just pull off

-tucny-
07-06-04, 09:33 PM
theyre an arse to get off. u need a strong small tool thats got a sort of L shaped end. as you pull the swithes out, there is a small hole on the under side of the switch shaft. the tool needs to be pressed firmly in there to release the catch, then the switch knob will then come off. to replace it just push it on. if you havnt got the special tools for the dash, try using a precision screw driver.

epo
07-06-04, 09:58 PM
ce 1 mate thx am sure me dad will have one in his garage

i wasnt sure if some 1 had said there was a small screw holdin em in

-tucny-
08-06-04, 04:19 PM
get yourself a haynes, there handy for finding out stuff like that. otherwise you could be there for hours, get p****d off and break something.

epo
08-06-04, 06:46 PM
yeah ive got one thx its easy to ask on hear that way u get fist hand experiance imo + it save flickin through a book 4 a problem that am not in a rush 4 to sort out

novaboy1981
10-06-04, 11:39 PM
i managed 2 get my light switch off by pulling it out so the interior light came on, then just got a phillips screwdriver, put it in the hole in the bottom of the switch and just levered the whole lot out!

epo
11-06-04, 07:32 PM
nice 1 thanks mate