PDA

View Full Version : . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ? . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Anonymous
25-07-01, 04:26 PM
I know this should probably be in the technical forum but my pc is being shit and it wont let me change forums !!!

Anyway, I have been offered a nice 2.0l 8V engine for very cheap !!! my mate owns it and he was going to put it in his nova untill he wrote it off (check this months Redline mag for the pics and story) so he has been hanging onto for nearly 3 months and he neeeds to get shot of it as he has brough himself an RS Turbo.

I'm 20 next month and I have 2 years no claims and no points. Im probably going to get screwed on the insurance but its worth it, I really ant a 2.0l !!

but the question is, do I tkae this 8V off his hands for very cheap or do I look around for a 16v ?

Is there much difference ? What would you lot do if you were me ?

If sex is a pain in the arse....your doing it wrong !

Anonymous
25-07-01, 05:40 PM
Go for it, your two years no claims will back you up a treat and you can always jus lump in a 16v in the near future. take the 2.0L 8v option NOW whilst its there and cheap like you say!

And God said, "Let there be the GSi"

Anonymous
25-07-01, 10:58 PM
Ohhh, take the 8V, a nice BIG torquey lump in the front of a nova!! very nice.....

The 8 valve will meen u'll never have to change gear again, any gear and it'll pull like anything!

A 16v would mean u;d have to stir the beast and change gear more, and ur not gonna miss the extra 10bhp at 6000 rpm that the 16v will give in a nova!

Good luck and go for it mate...

Anonymous
26-07-01, 09:28 AM
extra 20bhp...or 26bhp in E and F reg valver engines

Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk
Nova Community
"Monkey...we need more telly"
"no silly man...we need better telly"