PDA

View Full Version : how to save ?20 in fuel gettin home from PVS

big_steve_x
06-06-04, 11:22 PM
Burst the water pipe coming from the outlet on your water pump on a c20xe, its taken me 90 mins to just strip it so i could find the problem (2cm long gash in the pipe, dunno where it came from)! oh and the thermostat is screwed!

anyway i got a nice ride in a flat bed tow truck thingy! and it saved me ?20 in fuel (only 155 miles home)

has anyone got a pic of me car on the tow truck :) ?

Will
07-06-04, 08:19 AM
:D

http://img33.photobucket.com/albums/v98/willnova123/PV2004/PV04_128.jpg

Dpnova
07-06-04, 08:21 AM
LOL nice one will

big_steve_x
07-06-04, 09:00 AM
nice one, haha!

Alex
07-06-04, 09:06 AM
you upset ste by getting a transporter, he wanted to have a go at fixing it himself

Ben
07-06-04, 01:19 PM
was that your car next to our black one steve? if so how the hell did your car pass the MOT with those front arches :o

Ste_Nova
07-06-04, 01:43 PM
you upset ste by getting a transporter, he wanted to have a go at fixing it himself

lol wouldn't have been a problem.... i got a tow bar and solid bar to tow on... back to cps would have been fixed in no time...

Stuart
07-06-04, 01:58 PM
but it was sunday, cant be getting your hands dirty on a sunday lol

anyway whats with the towing lark, there was a transporter sat on the stand :D

big_steve_x
07-06-04, 03:23 PM
was that you makin comments on my arches, cheeky!

well, i was extremely annoyed at the garage when they trimmed them the way they did, but the 17s were catching on the arches all the time, its down about 65mm at the front on coil overs! i couldn't see another way of doing it. but they aint that bad!

scott.parker
07-06-04, 03:40 PM
Have the arches been trimmed to a round profile then?..

scott

Novachickcc
07-06-04, 03:43 PM
I saw it on the truck :cry:

Thought i recognised the car.

Is everything ok now??

big_steve_x
07-06-04, 03:43 PM
no comment on that, ask someone who looked at them!

Will
07-06-04, 03:57 PM
why wud that fail an mot?!

big_steve_x
07-06-04, 04:01 PM
novachickcc yeh its fine now, cost me ?60 in parts from the dealer, better than ?500 for another engine etc. i was lucky to notice it leak in the first place really, it burnt me when it sprayed off. oh well maybe it'll work for billing!

Jules
07-06-04, 08:42 PM
........its down about 65mm at the front on coil overs! i couldn't see another way of doing it. but they aint that bad!

You should of looked at the 'camber' mod on Ben's valver that the previous owner had done - that would of solved all of your problems!!!
:lol:

Then try holding some Astra Champion leater seats in place with cable ties!!
:o :roll:

epo
07-06-04, 08:52 PM
ah was that u mate wondered why u were gettin towed mine was towed by the aa last year lol

big_steve_x
07-06-04, 10:37 PM
terrible int it! felt like a tool! haha! its got the camber adjusted already, but if i adjust em anymore it'll hit the springs, + at ?129 a tyre i can't afford to wear them out on the insides etc.

big_steve_x
07-06-04, 10:51 PM
thanks for the offer anyway ste, i'll know for next year that yas have all the gear anyway! i think i was just gettin worried about bein stuck there etc! The whole coulda been stuck with gaffa tape i think, but depends on what kinda pressure that pipe has in it, as it was right next to the water pump!

karl Rowntree
07-06-04, 11:02 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad luck mate, though like you say atleast you got home for free!

That damn pipe is prone to splitting, ive done one and when we were over at the Nurburgring mark beason split his pipe! We managed to fix that with jubilee clips, didnt fancy a 600 mile journey back on a tow truck :lol:

Ben
08-06-04, 10:17 AM
No it wasnt me making comments about the arches, i overheard someone else and then looked myself.

Will on an MOT test there must be no sharp edges showing, but i dont expect you to understand that as your not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

Will
08-06-04, 11:04 AM
Will on an MOT test there must be no sharp edges showing, but i dont expect you to understand that as your not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

cant say i looked closley enough at his arches on the day to notice sharp edges hence asking the qns....... :?

Stuart
08-06-04, 11:41 AM
now now girls. have an oasis, and chill

Benn
08-06-04, 01:23 PM
oh thats ur car...we did wonder why it was bing towed away
looked good on the ground tho

epo
08-06-04, 07:09 PM
terrible int it! felt like a tool! haha! its got the camber adjusted already, but if i adjust em anymore it'll hit the springs, + at ?129 a tyre i can't afford to wear them out on the insides etc.

yeah i felt a right div

but a couple of lads where we was campin offered to try help fix the bust pipe but there was no avaliable parts as it had a massive split in it
still was good of em to offer + they helped push it up to the aa's wagon

big_steve_x
08-06-04, 07:11 PM
calm down, i'm not tryin to start any arguments, someone made the comment of look at those arches or something, and me mate overheard em. not bothered like, cos i know what they're on about! i think it's nearly time to sell up and move on, too unreliable. 3rd time i've had it recovered now!
1, fuel pump failed even though it was brand new
2, clutch cable snapped
3, water pipe burst!

can't be arsed anymore!

scott.parker
08-06-04, 07:44 PM
calm down, i'm not tryin to start any arguments, someone made the comment of look at those arches or something, and me mate overheard em. not bothered like, cos i know what they're on about! i think it's nearly time to sell up and move on, too unreliable. 3rd time i've had it recovered now!
1, fuel pump failed even though it was brand new
2, clutch cable snapped
3, water pipe burst!

can't be arsed anymore!

Well thats your choice,but to give in is meaningless as an optioin,to persevere is devine....

scott

big_steve_x
08-06-04, 08:40 PM
who's faithful words are those?? (i'm going to perservere till my insurance runs out in september)

scott.parker
09-06-04, 06:48 PM
who's faithful words are those??

Well that would be mine :lol:
But i know how it feels to think oh god dam it will it never end!!

Glad to here you changed your mind mate,im facing a hard time at mo as my car needs to go get some work done to it keeping it
off the road for two weeks,and im selth employed and dont have another car
oh dear :roll:
but i will persevere and keep my chin up.. :D

scott

karl Rowntree
09-06-04, 07:17 PM
I should hope you will keep your chin up scott, it will be a valver in 2 weeks! worth the waite i would say matey

scott.parker
09-06-04, 07:20 PM
I should hope you will keep your chin up scott, it will be a valver in 2 weeks! worth the waite i would say matey
I will but i have been thinking of ways to get to work and back all day today..i thnk my dad will be able to for the first week,but after that,im unsure..might try asking my nan and grandad if i can have there 1ltr fiesta :D

scott

Chris
10-06-04, 12:45 PM
I will but i have been thinking of ways to get to work and back all day today..i thnk my dad will be able to for the first week,but after that,im unsure..might try asking my nan and grandad if i can have there 1ltr fiesta :D

scott

If karl is fitting your engine scott could you not use his car as a courtesy car? :o :lol: :lol:

epo
10-06-04, 06:29 PM
lol id clock 100,000 on it no probs

Dpnova
10-06-04, 06:48 PM
i wouldnt be able to bring myself to drive it LOL its to mint :D

njc11
10-06-04, 11:21 PM
On the pic of your car going on th tow truck... whos is the red nova H706 LVT... love the wheels on it!! are they those mim wheels which have writing on the spokes??

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.... at least you saw it before you caused more damage!!

cheers

Nick

scott.parker
11-06-04, 01:35 AM

scott

If karl is fitting your engine scott could you not use his car as a courtesy car? :o :lol: :lol:

hey you fucking fucker,lol...im going to be able to sort it,as karl is sorting the car in a weeek now not two,so im ok for a car...

but i still need to finde the money for some more parts, :roll:

he he ill sort it :lol:

scott