PDA

View Full Version : Appologies to Novaload

fearless
06-06-04, 11:05 PM
For all those people who attended PV2004 at the pod may I appologise for not creating a car to enable Novaload to win 'Car of the show'

Obviously 2nd is not good enough and as a result of this the nova is being stripped to a bare shell as we speak and being totally rebuilt to a much higher spec/finish !!!!

As my teacher used to write in my school report

"MUST TRY HARDER !!!"

Sorry

Dave

burgo
06-06-04, 11:12 PM
i take it u are joking

Breeny
06-06-04, 11:20 PM
Is this a dig at novaload or PNG? lol

I heard something about it being "too good" or something.. what a load of rubbish :roll:

CP
06-06-04, 11:39 PM
:lol:

was funny

kinda ironic that it was beaten by a similar coloured car.

Hmm lets see, the judges were:

Mike Brewer who knows :?: about cars in general lol
Barton Vrisland who knows :?: about Vauxhalls ( confesses to not knowing a lot lol - sorry mate :lol: )
and some unknown person who knows :?: about vauxhalls?

oh and Mike Brewers daughter who prolly knows about as much as the rest lol

Anyway fair play to cav owner - not my personal taste but it had been turned out very well. I think if Bretts wasnt so well known it would have won easily - you only got to look at the quality of mods and equipment on it . I mean its got a Stack Dash install to die for!! lol

Alex
07-06-04, 07:29 AM
lmao. afterwards Mike Brewer said that it was the best car but it was too famous to win and it wasn't fair on the others :lol:

Dpnova
07-06-04, 08:43 AM
Bret should have won :)

srs1
07-06-04, 09:37 AM
as ian said after when i kinda agreed on him not winning.
i said fair enough, brets car is well nice but, it does give others the chance to win.

ian said, they didn't say best NEW car, they said best car.
so as much as i like the fact a new car won.

BRET should have won.

Stuart
07-06-04, 09:43 AM
Dave, the judges decided. your car is pants, rebuild it !!! lol

Ian
07-06-04, 12:20 PM
not good enough dave you slacker. i dont think brett fancies you ripping the car to bits so you better get on with your shell and martins mirrors lol

karl Rowntree
07-06-04, 08:18 PM
Dave i agree with all your comments, get stripping.

If you need any advice on how to build it back up to a higher standard dont hesitate to contact me :lol:

P.S get the gearbox out i wil be round in a mo!

krobinson
07-06-04, 08:37 PM
Only seen bretts car in the flesh once. At Trax 2003, and it totally blew me away. The build quality was absolutely superb!

I'd say it should have won Car of Show. After all, it has to have been the best built car there, just because its been around a while now doesnt make it any less a masterpiece!

Keith

epo
07-06-04, 08:48 PM
Only seen bretts car in the flesh once. At Trax 2003, and it totally blew me away. The build quality was absolutely superb!

same here was well amazing

moffat sri
07-06-04, 08:54 PM
How can it be TOO famous to win?!
They wouldn't say that to Jamie Shaw if he turned up at Max live.

"Sorry mister Shaw, your Ford F150 with 26" rims, 10 tv's, on the floor on hydraulics, more digital gauges that NASA, with a Fearri V10 engine, etc. etc. is just too famous for us to award you car of the show."

Can't see it happening myself like!

Jules
07-06-04, 09:19 PM
If you really want to know why it only came second - I'll tell you.

I was inspecting the bespoke gear linkage earlier in the day (Wonder if the Cav had a bespoke linkage? Hmm....), anyway, whilst peering down there I noticed the problem - There was a chip in the silver paint on the gearbox!! :o
I know, it's disgusting that Brett could allow the car to be shown with such a glaring fault as that - I mean the chip must of been 10x2mm AT LEAST!!

So Dave / Brett, strip the engine bay down, touch in the paint chip and all the trophys are yours for the taking!!

Personally I think "you woz robbed" but I'm no expert (and neither were the judges it would seem........)
:roll:

karl Rowntree
07-06-04, 10:47 PM
Strip it for parts its the only right thing to do Dave, Brett will understand.

Get the stack dash out now mate just leaving mine, got room for a few other bits save cluttering up his garage.

big_steve_x
07-06-04, 11:03 PM
does brett not own the car anymore then? i only ever saw this car once in a mag, don't know the details on it!

Jim
08-06-04, 08:49 AM
Sigh...I should have turned up with my shell. Should have known we couldn't rely on Brett and Dave ;)

Jim

djp_y2k
08-06-04, 05:08 PM
shocking. was easily the best car there.

I think we have established that on here. lets try on another forum :D

Ben
08-06-04, 10:48 PM
why the hell was there a notice under Bretts wipers saying TV want it as a feature car?

Cant they remember it being on the front page?

was going to knick the ticket and put under our wiper :lol: :wink:

fearless
08-06-04, 11:44 PM
why the hell was there a notice under Bretts wipers saying TV want it as a feature car?

Cant they remember it being on the front page?

I think Bretts going to ring TV and speak to the journalist who knows nothing about previous feature cars - just to see how far he will go (photoshoot etc) before being told by his new editor (Barton) that he actually wrote the article when it was on the cover of Total Vauxhall !!!!

Oh - the scratch on the gearbox will probably be polished out if Karl ends up buying the box for his - I'm expecting a mirror finish next time I see the box Karl !!!! (Inside and out)

RJM25R
09-06-04, 09:19 AM
What happened to "Scouse Scally"tm Walshy as Editor//???

Ian
09-06-04, 12:19 PM
he quit to take a job in mclaren press office

Benn
09-06-04, 01:29 PM
only 1 thing 2 say sorry 4....
putting ur bonnet down as i was taking pics of ur car :x
lol......

Ste_Nova
09-06-04, 01:35 PM
i know the real reason it came 2nd.... i kept my mouth shut on the day... but it's got a black dash etc... but the inside of the glove box is grey :?

Ben
09-06-04, 01:52 PM
.... i kept my mouth shut

first time for everything :!:

njc11
09-06-04, 02:48 PM
Ste...

I bet you never noticed my engine bay did you :?

The one thing you always point out.... :roll:

Ive actually sorted the wireing out on the under bonnet light :D

Thought i better do it just to keep you quiet!! still got to sort the wing mirror out though :)

Trust you to notice Bretts glove box!!

Cheers

Nick

Hazel
09-06-04, 03:00 PM
your apologies are accepted :D

Ste_Nova
09-06-04, 03:29 PM
Ste...

Trust you to notice Bretts glove box!!

Cheers

Nick

your bonnet was down all day or i would have had a look... had you spotted the glove box?

njc11
09-06-04, 04:44 PM
Never even new mate...

Glove box is always usually closed anyway!!

I had the bonnet open for a while in the afternoon... then left about 2.30..

What time did you lot leave?

Cheers

Nick

scott.parker
09-06-04, 08:21 PM
Nick i wish i had stoped on my way out and looked at your car.as ive seen it on here,and have pic's of it in a photo shoot in fast car from 96,think its yours and a white gte?
Well as i say wish i had stoped to look at yours,i was leaving just as you wer,i was in a silkviolet gsi

the one on the left in this pic...

http://uploader.co.uk/images/mine_mikes_pv04.jpg

if your a member of png/pvg i hope to see you,and the car at the national day.

scott

epo
09-06-04, 08:36 PM
Nick i wish i had stoped on my way out and looked at your car.as ive seen it on here,and have pic's of it in a photo shoot in fast car from 96,think its yours and a white gte?
Well as i say wish i had stoped to look at yours,i was leaving just as you wer,i was in a silkviolet gsi

the one on the left in this pic...

http://uploader.co.uk/images/mine_mikes_pv04.jpg

if your a member of png/pvg i hope to see you,and the car at the national day.

scott

is that the one u put on with the neons

Ste_Nova
10-06-04, 09:12 AM
Never even new mate...

Glove box is always usually closed anyway!!

i only spotted it on the offchance when brett was putting his car pass and ticket stubs away

Jim
10-06-04, 09:16 AM
Ste, I really hope your car is flawless, cause theres going to be about 100 people all wanting to go over it with a fine toothcomb :twisted:

Besides, maybe Brett wanted the inside of his glovebox grey? :P

Jim

Dpnova
10-06-04, 09:18 AM
LOL if thats the only fault that can be found its still awsome. i was amazed at how clean it was 8)

Ste_Nova
10-06-04, 10:22 AM
Ste, I really hope your car is flawless, cause theres going to be about 100 people all wanting to go over it with a fine toothcomb :twisted:

Jim

mine won't be... i intend to use it... will be scratched and dented after a few months use... i've built it to drive it not to show it

njc11
10-06-04, 11:18 AM
So when is it going to be ready then Ste??

Whos going to the National Day at Wickstead Park on July 17/18th??

Im defo going....

I reckon it will be quite good especially as Billing isnt till later in the year...

Also you can just turn up on the day, no tickets etc

Scott... come over and say hello mate!!

Cheers

Nick

Jim
10-06-04, 12:14 PM
Also you can just turn up on the day, no tickets etc

Really? Might be intrested then. Car wasn't ready for PV and I'm on holiday during Trax and Billing.

Jim

njc11
10-06-04, 01:49 PM
Jim..

As far as i know that is correct!

You can just turn up!!

I think its members only who can camp on the wickstead site though, check pvg's web site.. during the day on both sat/sun anyone can turn up..

http://www.pccuk.net/default.htm

Cheers

Nick

Rick Draper
10-06-04, 02:51 PM
Dont think i can make it, car is still in bits (supprise supprise) I hope to now get it finished in time for the VBOA rally. Rick

Ste_Nova
10-06-04, 04:28 PM
So when is it going to be ready then Ste??

dunno 2008? i'm too busy to do it.. might buy/build somethign quick as a runnaround let corsa c or something

Al Wilson
10-06-04, 10:06 PM
PVG members only on Saturday night but show open to all on Sunday. You just turn up I understand, no booking needed. Im taking H3NOV, hopefully with no rough camping ground to catch the bumper again.

Jules
10-06-04, 10:29 PM
Unless they've steamrolled Wickstead since I was last there you're probably best off removing or replacing the bumper for something not so deep!!!

Al Wilson
10-06-04, 10:33 PM
Cheers for the warning. I'm taking 2inches off the bottom of it tomorrow before it goes back to the sprayers.

w0z26
10-06-04, 11:57 PM
This is why it won.
http://www.mk2cav.com/discus/messages/2764/2791.jpg
http://www.mk2cav.com/discus/messages/2764/2877.jpg
This is why he's called minty, I also think that there are still too many novas, and are very few mk2 cavs on the road now, so having a Absolutey minted cavalier was really differant.
As for the nova being famous thery, b**locks, Dazz's Cav has been in as many mags. Proberly just as famous.
But great effort, and all the best.

Jules
11-06-04, 12:34 PM
Hmmmmm.....

No comment.

Dpnova
11-06-04, 01:13 PM
Have we got any close up pics of brets engine

epo
11-06-04, 07:01 PM
This is why it won.
http://www.mk2cav.com/discus/messages/2764/2791.jpg
http://www.mk2cav.com/discus/messages/2764/2877.jpg
This is why he's called minty, I also think that there are still too many novas, and are very few mk2 cavs on the road now, so having a Absolutey minted cavalier was really differant.
As for the nova being famous thery, b**locks, Dazz's Cav has been in as many mags. Proberly just as famous.

oh yeah i remember this from donny show isnt he a member of max'd car club and is he local to yorkshire\linconshire

fearless
11-06-04, 07:12 PM
Have we got any close up pics of brets engine

I won't put the pictures up here - due to size - but can be seen at

http://uploader.co.uk/images/vx_nova_003.jpg
http://uploader.co.uk/images/engineangle.jpg

Ste_Nova
11-06-04, 07:42 PM
f**k that they deserve to be displayed even if they are big

http://uploader.co.uk/images/vx_nova_003.jpg
http://uploader.co.uk/images/engineangle.jpg

Ian
11-06-04, 08:38 PM
This is why it won.

bollocks eh? thats why the editor and mike brewer told me, dave and brett that exact thing. im sure cp and some others also heard it

Dpnova
11-06-04, 09:23 PM
Cheers for putting the pics up of the engine, are there any full pics of the cav? 8)

Jules
11-06-04, 09:31 PM
I'm sorry if I sound biased, but being as honest as I can possibly be, how can the Cav's engine bay (and it is very very nice indeed) be the reason it beats Bretts Nova at PV04?
I mean come on, You can tell just by looking at it on the pics - let alone close up in the metal - that Bretts engine & bay are better than that of the Cavalier's!!!!!

Dpnova
12-06-04, 09:07 AM
Exactly my point Jules thats why i wanted some up close pics of brets engine

Mel
12-06-04, 08:20 PM
i have to agree with Jules and Denny on this one.

take a look at both engines. which looks better? Bretts. MY reason it looks better is simply cause its got the power, but its uncluttered. theres not a thing out of place in Brett's engine, and for an engine of that size, its definately been styled and placed extremely well. when i look at the Cav's engine, i see just loads and loads of engine parts, hardly ANY engine bay..

impressive as it is, it dont match up to Bretts..

Jules
12-06-04, 09:00 PM
A few hings on Bretts that are better than on the Cav (In no order) that you notice just after a quick look:
1) Carbon scuttle cover
2) Alloy header tank
3) Alloy catch tank
4) Polished strut brace
5) Stainless braided hoses

But the Cav does have little stainless plates around the strut tops - maybe that swung it?
:roll: