PDA

View Full Version : Are Motorspeed full of shit?

Norn Iron Nova
06-06-04, 11:03 PM
I have a 1.2i Expression and wanted to fit a green induction kit. The guys at Motorspeed said i could only fit a K&N bolt on filter. ARe they right or just full of shit?

Cheers

Matt Nova
06-06-04, 11:20 PM
I've got a 1.2i and the only company that do a direct fit for 1.2 spi is green cotton. K&N do a bolt on for the carb 1.2.

Tazzy
07-06-04, 12:21 AM
aragorn has come up with a better kit for the 1.2i!

it consists of a top air box from an spi corsa, and a cone of your choice, simple as that, bolt the airbox onto the spi syystem inplace of the disc shaped box, and bolt on a cone of your choice!

and bobs your uncle! a better induction kit!

-tucny-
07-06-04, 05:30 PM
u cant put a K & N bolt on on a 1.2spi coz the air pan needs those little pipes to tell the injector how to run. you can get a K & N replacement filter but you wont get any induction noise. if you drill your air box or bodge fit a bolt on, your car will pop and backfire - i tried it.............. sounded nice though till it backfires.

Matt Nova
07-06-04, 05:33 PM
I drilled my airbox other day and it hasn't popped or banged yet only drilled small holes. Am goin to get a performance element to increase airflow

big_steve_x
07-06-04, 08:27 PM
oh the good old 1.2i days, i just drilled me box all around the filter, (but not past it if you get me) seemed to work!

i found the best option was to put a valver in though :lol:

-tucny-
07-06-04, 09:36 PM
I drilled my airbox other day and it hasn't popped or banged yet only drilled small holes. Am goin to get a performance element to increase airflow

i got a bit excited with the drill, then ended up cutting all the box off, so it acted like a bolt on :D

Matt Nova
07-06-04, 10:56 PM
It was fun playing with the drill :roll: so may have to make some more :D