PDA

View Full Version : tinting the back window

SupaNovaBoyRacer
06-06-04, 10:17 PM
had so much trouble trying to do this.gone through almost a whole roll trying to get the tints on proper.did the side windows perfect but cos thers a curve on back window can anyone give me any advice on how to do it right. heard of people who cut it into strips but worried the strips will show.please help......

epo
06-06-04, 10:21 PM
my advice is pay a profesional 4 this 1 lol

ive tried mine 3 times
but gunna let chris 16v do mine

as 4 the strip cuttin neil broody has done his this way and his looked sound

broody
06-06-04, 11:40 PM
as 4 the strip cuttin neil broody has done his this way and his looked sound

its actually 3 strips, 3 6" strips, nice and easy then.

burgo
06-06-04, 11:51 PM
just take the rear winda out its easy then u havnt gotta try and do it at a funny angle

mbr1.2i
06-06-04, 11:58 PM
u cannot do it in 1 peice as the window bens 2 ways, which then makes the tint crease or lift, the only way is strips and that what a profesonial would do, but getting the lines straight is a **** too lol

epo
07-06-04, 07:05 PM
just take the rear winda out its easy then u havnt gotta try and do it at a funny angle

tried it that way twice and failed

shazzi_1
16-06-04, 04:46 PM
wot a nite mare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SupaNovaBoyRacer
16-06-04, 08:09 PM
cheers for your help anyway lads,last time we cut it in 2 strips just to see how it would go,but we cocked that up so we gota get another roll now and try to do it by cutting it in 3 strips like neil brodey :D so hopefully, will be done soon!any other hints or tips appreciated...cheers

cooper_nova
16-06-04, 10:05 PM
cheers for your help anyway lads,last time we cut it in 2 strips just to see how it would go,but we c**k that up so we gota get another roll now and try to do it by cutting it in 3 strips like neil brodey :D so hopefully, will be done soon!any other hints or tips appreciated...cheers

yeah make sure u don't have a hammer handy :evil: :evil:

SupaNovaBoyRacer
18-06-04, 06:38 PM
thanks for that.il keep it in mind when i try and hammer them on next time :roll:
:lol:

cooper_nova
18-06-04, 07:29 PM
thanks for that.il keep it in mind when i try and hammer them on next time :roll:

i only said that coz i got soo pi$$ed trying to do mine that i nearly put a hammer throu the rear screen, lets hope u got more patience than me
:lol: :lol: :lol:

SupaNovaBoyRacer
18-06-04, 07:42 PM
yes m8.i got pissed off too,but cos my dad reckons its his fault hes gonna buy me a new roll of the stuff :) so its all good!if it dont work this time though,i think i mite get 2 "the hammer stage"

SupaNovaBoyRacer
18-06-04, 07:48 PM

i only said that coz i got soo p***ed trying to do mine that i nearly put a hammer throu the rear screen, lets hope u got more patience than me
:lol: :lol: :lol:

notice that on ur profile u got it done professionally...gave in easy there mate.just incase i have 2 go that far,how much of a hole would it put in my pocket!!!

cheers...

epo
18-06-04, 07:57 PM
its usually over a ton to do the whole car i got quoted ?30 for the back window if i provide the film

SupaNovaBoyRacer
20-06-04, 02:11 PM
jeesus,fuck that for a laugh then.id prefer 2 buy 30 quids worth of film than pay professional.cheers 4 that ne way,il know now 2 do it myself 8)

Adam
20-06-04, 03:38 PM
jeesus,f**k that for a laugh then.id prefer 2 buy 30 quids worth of film than pay professional.cheers 4 that ne way,il know now 2 do it myself 8)

Exactly my view :D