PDA

View Full Version : Police Vans

sh0rty
05-06-04, 04:24 PM
Anyone know what those police camera vans are actually getting you for? 2 cameras on the top of both back doors. Is it speed or stuff like, mot, tax & insurance, or stolen cars etc?

There's one constantly on the road by my house, accompanied with (today) 4 police cars and 2 motorbikes :o Seems quite OTT

Ta

Stuart
05-06-04, 07:28 PM
generally they are for tax, but i think they can get you for speeding.

or are they staking you and kev out? lol

Philsutton
05-06-04, 08:00 PM
why tax dont they have this new way of sorting that out, its all on computer and if you dont pay/tell them its off the road you get fined. Just police wasting time again.

scott.parker
07-06-04, 03:08 PM
think they are mainly just mobile speed cams,but they can do you on your tax as well.

scott

hasek-na
07-06-04, 05:11 PM
they read ure num plate they got sum kind of comp inside that processes the details (insurance, tax mot) real fast then if u dont have any they send one of the cars after u tho they ussually have sum kind of road block waiting a lil way down the road

sh0rty
07-06-04, 07:05 PM
I didnt think they were for speed or tax alone, speed is normally van with camera pic on side

tax is white with big green writing DVLA and the cam is on a stand outside

im ok i have all three :D dont know how good my tyres are though, but dont think they can take tyre depth from cam ;)

Adam
07-06-04, 07:52 PM
they read ure num plate they got sum kind of comp inside that processes the details (insurance, tax mot) real fast then if u dont have any they send one of the cars after u tho they ussually have sum kind of road block waiting a lil way down the road

Yeah thats what some do, they read your number plate, search the police computer and then tell the police if the car is reported stolen written-off etc, insurance/tax. They are the latest camers.

But as Phil said, the DVLA send an ?80 out the day after your tax was due, and if its not paid then you get a ?1000 fine.

Chris
10-06-04, 01:26 AM
or you could have declared your car sorn and still drive it like some tax dodgers

sh0rty
13-06-04, 06:28 PM
driving home today, sn officer walks into middle of road and pulls me over (IN ACCORDANCE WITH ONE OF THESE VANS) damn camps lock excuse typos im on laptop.

just routine check blah blah everythings fine. so me n kev start 20 questions with him lol. they read ur number plate and search all the above, but also things like, convictions, age of ur car etc

mine he said was prolly picked up cos of age of car "E" and may have had some damaga etc so he had to check it over

he said they had so far that day 2pm ish, not sure what time it was out....caught 4 disqualified drivers, some no insurance etc, caught some drug dealers (unsure if they were caught with stuff in car or what) etc etc

quite an intersting police stop tbh :D

kevw
13-06-04, 07:16 PM
North Wales sounds great doesen't it lol

Stuart
13-06-04, 08:58 PM
its all those dodgy norven welsh folk (and combos of the two lol)

epo
13-06-04, 09:24 PM
least its workin thats 4 people with dodgy details off the road

NOVA_GTEUK
13-06-04, 11:17 PM
Shorty i gotta say if i was a copper id pull u over to u sexy minx u :P :oops:

sh0rty
14-06-04, 06:23 PM
lmfao .. neath south wales :D:D:D

being ladylike...thanks :lol: