PDA

View Full Version : C16SE head on a 16SV block?

JamDK
05-06-04, 03:05 PM
Hi!

I was planning to exchange my 1.2i engine with a C16SE engine, but they are quite hard to get hold of here in DK. Tried in the northern part of Germany aswell, but without luck. They have one at the scrappy, but he wants 4-500 pounds. No bloody way! :x

Then I wondered if I could put a C16SE head on a 16SV block, as 16SV blocks go cheap. Of course I will be needing the loom and ecu, but is it possible? I have family that live in the London area, whom I frequently visit, and a head with accesories would be easier to take with me than a whole engine. :lol:

Any help we be very much appreciated.

peester
05-06-04, 06:32 PM
it is possible. my mate has done it on his nova; round port nova gsi cylinder head onto 1.6 carb cavailer bottom end. with f13 box i think. hes added twin 40's to that lot as well. looks really good. running it in at the mo; just needs setting up now.

JamDK
16-06-04, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the replie. I've got hold of a C16SE engine now, but I am missing the fuel pump. Will it fit directly in my 1.2i petrol tank?
Also, will the exhaust from a C16NZ nova fit on a C16SE?

Ste_Nova
16-06-04, 10:35 AM
any nova exhaust will fit
for the pump try and get an intank mpi pump from a vectra etc

Stuart
16-06-04, 10:38 AM
is booze cheap in denmark?

anyone fancy a trip over using "delivery of an engine" as the excuse lol

JamDK
16-06-04, 11:26 AM
Thanks, I'll try that.

is booze cheap in denmark?

anyone fancy a trip over using "delivery of an engine" as the excuse lol

Booze prices are okay here in DK. You are more than welcome, already looking forward to it :lol:

JamDK
16-06-04, 03:02 PM
Another question. Can I use the loom from a C14SE?