PDA

View Full Version : help needed pretty sharpish

Anonymous
24-07-01, 03:47 PM
what amp would be needed for 2 15" 600 watt subs?

a 2 channel (200 watts per channel) amp?

this is obviously the wrong place, but the ICE forum has about as much life as Elizabeth & Dean on valium...

i need the question answering ASAP..cos sum 1's offered me sum cheap ICE and it's selling quick, so i need to tell him if i want anything...

this is the '2nd best' and most appropriate place to put this post so appologies for any heart ache i'm gonna cause

cheers

Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk
Nova Community & Hidden Cameras in a Sunbed Parlour!

Anonymous
24-07-01, 03:54 PM
WRONG FORUM X-( lmao

Anybody lend me ?599?
[-numberplate.jpg-]
www.pugtek.net/pubes.asp

Anonymous
24-07-01, 04:01 PM
Depends, 600w RMS or 600w Peak?

I recon thats peak like, but a 400w 4channel amp would do the trick, bridged for extra oooooph.

Or, 2 x 150-200w 2 channel amps.

It all depends on the amp, i have 2 V12's, and infinity perfect components & sub, the amp is bout half of wot the sub is, but i cant turn it up, the amp is dead good quality.

You can buy the likes of TFG cheapies, they are like 800w x 4 and are like 100 quid, they are evil amps, and u wud jus have it turned down.

If u need any more info, gimmie a buzz.

Anonymous
24-07-01, 04:03 PM
It takes more fcuking effort, and less space up on the boards if u actually just answer my question instead of a 50 post long thread that complains about me doing this in the wrong forum...all i ask for is an answer like = "yes Ged, that combination is fine"...or..."i'd use a 3 x 300watt amplifier myself, but it's your choice etc etc"

If you'd have answered my question davo, then that would have been this post dead and buried..but know your gonna prevoke every man and his fuckin nova to coment on the 'wrongness' of this post :> cheers mate

Anonymous
24-07-01, 04:07 PM
thanks mark :) thats all i wanted to know! ;) sorted

Anonymous
24-07-01, 04:11 PM
Now i have seen the post in the ICE forum, i recon u is gettin the subs off TFG?

I must admit, they are very poor quality, paper cones, they wont last too long, but i guess its value for money!

I recon ask them bout their amps, they are good, not best, but they do the job!

HTH.

Anonymous
24-07-01, 04:17 PM
cheers Marky Mark ;)

Anonymous
24-07-01, 04:19 PM
lmao @ ged still wrong forum. lol :P

Anybody lend me ?599?
[-numberplate.jpg-]
www.pugtek.net/pubes.asp

Anonymous
24-07-01, 11:47 PM
Actually, they look shite, but those subs sound alright. Not ace, not shit, just average.

I'd go 2x350-400w personally, but then again, I'd have 2x12's for all round musical abiliteh :D 15;s are a waste of time for faster paced dance music for instance

=======================
If there's grass on the pitch... :D