PDA

View Full Version : servo fitting

m.d.
05-06-04, 10:22 AM
right ive just fitted new drilled and vented discs and a new set of pads to my 2.0 16v callipers. they are all bedded in and they are still not that good. im still using the 1.2 servo that was in the shell when i prepared it so im thinking of changing it to the gte one.
how easy is it to do and does it make much of a difference.

jim sri
05-06-04, 04:32 PM
it will just reduce the amount of effort you have to place on the pedal basically, so will improve braking.
if you get inside the cabin of the car (passenger side) so that you're looking upwards underneath the dash you'll see the end of the servo where it attaches via a clevis pin/split pin. remove this pin and iirc the servo should just pull out from the engine bay. bear in mind you'll have to remove the master cylinder/fixings from the servo first though.

mowgli
06-06-04, 10:32 AM
please don't make the mistake that the servo needs swapping just because you are fitting bigger brakes.........
what you need to fit is the brake master cylinder onto the front of your existing servo. one off an astra gte or a cavalier will have a bigger diameter piston thus giving more braking force.

m.d.
06-06-04, 11:46 AM
ive had the bigger breaks for ages but wanted to change the servo/master cylinder as ive heard that it makes a difference to the breaking performance.

so am i changing the master cylinder or the servo. or both togeather.

beatin u
06-06-04, 07:20 PM
just change everything 8)