PDA

View Full Version : ARG Brakes!

hasek-na
04-06-04, 05:15 PM
Couple of days ago I fitted a new set of pads to my car. It went kinda smoothly considering ive never done it before and ended up un-seizing the calipers to be able to fit the pads. Got that done.

Since then Ive noticed a slight knocking noise esspecially when going over bumps, my mate said it was proberly my shocks starting to wear out so I'm oh all right.

Coming home from collage tonight my brakes sudenly fuck up, a loud bang then me fighting to stop the ****, I got out had a look, and after much thought and realizing the bumping WAS infact my brakes I slowly and carefully drive home with this terrible noice coming from the drivers side brakes, it was okish to drive because its easy just a long straight drive 2 miles max and no credit on phone :roll:

Got home took wheel off and the one of the fucking caliper pins has come out and it was resting on my wheel, i looks inside my wheel and theres scratches all the way round, looks on the caliper and theres scraches on it.

What i need to no know is where can i get a new bolt to hold it on?

I know this was my fault so my advise to any other amatures trying this check your work! It's lucky i wasnt going that fast as just 5 mins ealier I was racing my mates doing a 100 down a dual carrigway, it could so easily have been there. It came on all of a sudden I'm just messed up now so scared :o

david dixon
04-06-04, 05:24 PM
If its the caliper bolts you talking about just get yourself to your local vauxhall dealer and they'll have them in.

LiD0N
05-06-04, 01:53 AM
and use thread lock on all the bolts especially brakes to stop them working themselves loose...