PDA

View Full Version : where do i stand??

johnnynova
03-06-04, 03:05 PM
sum1 bumped into the back of me the other day, a small dent made, i noted his reg number and name and number, i rang my insurance company to claim, they called me back saying they tried to contact him, but he said he knew nothing of the above incident, the car's reg wasnt registered to him, he wasnt insured and the car wasnt insured to anyone at the time. the car has now been sold on.
where do i stand,
im fully comp so i cud just get it fixed that way of just fix it myself, new bumper n fill da boot.

cheers

david dixon
03-06-04, 03:12 PM
just do it yourself mate you not going to get any joy there I think.
anyway it'll be noted on your insurance policy that you were involved in an accident even thow it wasn't your fault (if you claim) they'll take it into consideration next time you come to get insured even thow the insurance company wont admit that.

johnnynova
03-06-04, 03:17 PM
so basicaly the guy has got away with it, in a way, except for damage to the car he drove.
and cos he wernt insured, my insurance company can't do anything.

oh well, mite be a gud excuse to get new bumper and flushed boot!

thanks

Jack
03-06-04, 03:45 PM
Did you notify the police of the accident? They'll be interested to hear he has no insurance. They'll also go look at the car to see the damage to it. Also, you can sue him to cost of the damages to your vehicle.

Be careful about doing it thru insurance, the "small dent" in mine turned out to be ?800 worth of repair (the insurance engineer will probably quote a higher amount) and they'll probably write the car off.

johnnynova
03-06-04, 04:44 PM
is a long process to sue, he said he had insurance wen it happened, and police where there at the time and we just everything was ok and we r swapping details and they left us to it.

so its my word against his, which wont stand up in court. he says on thing, i say another, no witness, only family in my car which dont count cos i know them.

oh well.

burgo
03-06-04, 06:33 PM
repair it yaself mate dont go puttin ya premiuim up

Jack
04-06-04, 08:49 AM
If the police were there they could vouch for the fact he said he had insurance etc?